Free Entry to Vermillion SD

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I won a free entry at the KCBS Banquet in January to this contest and it has been cancled. Does anyone know if the KCBS will allow me to use the certificate at another contest?

Last I heard was it isnt completely cancelled, organizer is still trying to pull it off (talked to him last weekend) If I hear either way, Ill PM you...

Negative. The certificates are only good for the contest that donated it. Sorry.

Even though I dontated money to get into a drawing at the Banquet?

Hey Jon, I "donated" about $250 to get in on the free contest entry drawings and didn't win anything. :lol: At least you got a certificate. :twisted: I've been in the drawings for three years and have never won any entry. Welcome to MY world! :lol::wink:

Even though I dontated money to get into a drawing at the Banquet?

The entry was for a specific contest. That contests' entry was donated by the organizer. I'm sure when they donated it they weren't thinking that it was going to get cancelled. I've won entries that the contest has been cancelled, it's unfortunate that the contest had to cancel and even more unfortunate for the charity.

Hey Jon, I "donated" about $250 to get in on the free contest entry drawings and didn't win anything. :lol: At least you got a certificate. :twisted: I've been in the drawings for three years and have never won any entry. Welcome to MY world! :lol::wink:

that's what I thought. Then last year I hit the mother load... I think it was either 10 or 11... I lost count... The best part, I think 6 of them were contests I was planning on doing. So hold out hope. I probably shouldn't get any this year. As I know it will be pay back. But it's all good if I don't get anything. That's all part of the fun. Well the drawing is fun, but I have to admit that dancing was awesome at the banquet... :cool:

Well thanks for the feedback. Another thing to check of my list when it comes BBQing! I am not mad they canceled it but I was really looking forward to it.

Tell me about it. When they cancelled the one in NY that I wanted to go to back in 2000 (or sometime near there), I had the free entry and was TOTALLY disappointed.

Well thanks for the feedback. Another thing to check of my list when it comes BBQing! I am not mad they canceled it but I was really looking forward to it.

Well come to Huron it's just up the road a piece from there, well maybe 100 more miles but well worth the trip. We'll make ya glad ya did.

Will they accept my free entry from the Vermillion contest :-D

I am on the board for now, I will se what kind of a deal we can do. maybe nothing or maybe something I will check. Who knows we South Dakota people we like to barter.

I will purchase your entry for $10.00 U.S. or one quart bottle of head country bbq sauce, regular or hickory, your choice.

Please advise.
merl

I talked to Jody today at 5:30 he says this contest is still on and he will be calling the KCBS in the morning to get the cancelled removed.

It is a go!!!

Back