Do You Smoke Pork Belly?

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I want to smoke a pork belly, but don't want bacon. How do you smoke your pork belly for something other than bacon?

There was a pork belly throwdown awhile back - should be some great ideas there.

You can use either the search box at the bottom of the forum page if you need more ideas - enjoy!

i smoke it then i braise it in the smoker uncovered sitting atop a white bean cassoulet kinda... YUM

I do when I can find papers large enough.

Bada boom

:Becky:

Sorry silliness took over.

Gtr has great advice above ^^^

i smoke small pices of it indirectly on my weber. comes out yummy .

The next time i have some I'm going to smoke it then deep fry it in lard. I've heard this is awesome.

Porkbelly chops are a huge hit in The Netherlands...

IMG_2549.jpg

Pork Belly Slices are a wonderful thing Q'd. One of the local butchers sells them in a flourescent pinky/red Chinese marinade...looks absolutely wrong but tastes so right!

It's Dirty Q at it's best!

While in America, we turn all the pork bellies we can get our hands on into bacon, in other countries, they do all sorts of things with them. I've seen them cubed and incorporated with mixed veggies, often deep-fried. One of the eye-openers for me was camping in the Czech Republic and simply putting slices on the end of a stick and cooking over a campfire. Phubar has shown many examples of low-and-slow and grilled hot and fast (although do watch for flare-ups!).

Back