How to get bite through skin?

T

trevthebear

My plans are to compete next summer, so I have spent this year working on my recipies and just cooking(wife just loves it). Now the only thing I'm not sure on is how to get the crispy, bite through skin. So far I have done the chicken 2 different ways. First one I did was just marinate the chicken over night then I put on my rub and put it on my wsm for a couple of hours with only spritzing with apple juice, it looked fine but I could not try it as was all gone before I could get a piece. The second method was to smoke it for a bit then place it in an aluminum pan with bbq sauce until almost cooked. Then remove and place back on smoker for a little bit longer. The second way the chicken was pretty much falling apart when I touched it.

Some help with the technique of compition chicken would be greatly appreciated.

Pray at the altar of the blue bottle.:-D

No, never mind I don't believe in that shyte either.

Scrape.

I leave the chicken skin exposed to the air in either the refridge or cooler for several hours.

The same as Carnegie Hall practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice

My plans are to compete next summer, so I have spent this year working on my recipies and just cooking(wife just loves it). Now the only thing I'm not sure on is how to get the crispy, bite through skin. So far I have done the chicken 2 different ways. First one I did was just marinate the chicken over night then I put on my rub and put it on my wsm for a couple of hours with only spritzing with apple juice, it looked fine but I could not try it as was all gone before I could get a piece. The second method was to smoke it for a bit then place it in an aluminum pan with bbq sauce until almost cooked. Then remove and place back on smoker for a little bit longer. The second way the chicken was pretty much falling apart when I touched it.

Some help with the technique of compition chicken would be greatly appreciated.

Back