Thread: First Time Comp
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
daedalus
Full Fledged Farker

Default First Time Comp

I will be competing for the first time this weekend. It is an amature only backyard type competition. The catagories are Ribs, Chicken, and Anything But. Since I have never done this before, I would like to ask for any tips, thought, or opinions anyone might like to share. I think I pretty much have my recipies and timing worked out for the ribs and chicken. For the Anything But category, I think I am going to do some scotch eggs in the smoker...maybe with some Blackberry Chipotle Dipping sauce. The ribs and chicken will be KCBS rules, but I think the Anything But can be presented however. For the sake of simplicity, however, my intention is to do all-parsley boxes for all three entries. For the Scotch Eggs, I will include 6 whole ones(maybe on sticks), and an additional one cut in half so judges will know what they are getting.

Again, I have never done this before, so I am sure there is a lot I have not yet thought about. Thanks in advance.

Dark Horse BBQ Competition Team
KCBS Master CBJ
Certified Moink Baller

Good One "Open Range" Smoker, WMS (Cirqa 1983), Rescued NB offset, Modified ECB, No-name Charcoal Grill, Perfect Flame Gasser, Weber 22.5" One Touch Silver
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote