whole turkey on UDS

C

Chavo27

whos done this and how do you do it?
Do you make a rub or what?

I brined mine first, then just put it on and let it chug away. It came out great. Don't do one the weekend before Thanksgiving though, or you will be cooking turkeys all week for everybody who tasted yours...

All I put on mine was Cavenders Greek Seasoning and enough olive oil to hold the seasoning on.

I don't have that function, I have to use Google for it..

I am sorry for your misfortune as the search function is an invaluable asset.

The short answer to your question is yes. You can even spatchcock it and place a drip pan below it to catch some of the juices for gravy.

May I suggest pre-salting at one tablespoon kosher salt per pound instead of a brine. In the refrig three days sealed, one day open air in frig. Rinse and dry before cooking in UDS. I hereby promise it will be the best ya ever had.

I don't have that function, I have to use Google for it..

If you subscribe to this board, you will gain access to the search function. I highly recommend doing that for a couple of reasons:

1 - Being able to search is a very valuable tool in finding what you need
2 - Your subscription money helps offset the maintenance cost for this forum
3 - You will feel good supporting the maintenance and distribution of the knowledge provided here (there is more here than most people will ever need).

You can find the link to subscribe in the menu at the top of any page on this forum.

Back