Flat and sausages

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Threw a choice flat on the large egg this morning. Added some Slovacek's beef sausage about an hour ago. The flat is rubbed down with some Heffer Dust and s&p. Using red oak for the smoke.

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 83
Looking good there bro. When is dinner?:-D

Looks great. I use red oak for stick burning in the BSKD. Nice mild smoke.

Lookin' good! I'm firing up Eggbert for some pizza shortly.

Looks awesome!! Just used Heffer Dust for the first time yesterday....nice stuff.

Looking good. I too tried Heifer Dust for the first time recently. Pretty nice rub!

Here's the finished brisket. I think I should have took it another couple degrees. Slices have the nice pull, but just comes short. Busy day kept me from throwing in my usual chunk of hickory or cherry. But the red oak gave a nice mellow smoke. This will be sandwiches for the next few days. Not bad for my second flat to ever cook. Think I'll stick with packers unless I want these quicker cooks. This 6 pounder went about 10 hours. Not many pics today. About 4pm it became t-ball practice with my 4yo boy Gavin. Great times.

Attachments

• IMG_0204.JPG
    IMG_0204.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 51
Brisket looks great. Nice job.

Stop by Market Street, Hall Johnson & 26, on your way home sometime and try some of their Andouille. You just might run into Grumpy as well!

Back