Roll Call! Apple Blossom BBQ St. Joseph, MO 5/2-5/3--W/RESULTS

smknwhlswife

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Who all is coming? Smoke on Wheels will be there with Todd Johns making a cameo Plowboy appearance.

Andy is arriving Thurs. evening, in hopes of missing the rain forecasted.
We'll be out friday after the girls are out of school (after lunch)

See everyone there!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No rain forecast, Kim! Only scattered thundershowers! Game on! I'll go Thursday night also (to keep Andy in line!) if I can get the fark off the Brethren site and get my work done for the local real estate office before then. If not, I'll be there early Friday AM.

Here is the NOAA forecast as of 5 min ago or so...
Thursday Night:
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind between 13 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

I think it is just going to be Me and the Early's up there on Thursday. So come on out if you feel so inclined, Jeff :)

Here is the NOAA forecast as of 5 min ago or so...
Thursday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind between 13 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

I think it is just going to be Me and the Early's up there on Thursday. So come on out if you feel so inclined, Jeff :)

Damn, not so much. Doesn't look like I'm gonna get my real estate work done by tomorrow night so Thursday will be out most likely.

Good luck guys this is a great contest...Sorry we are missing it this year..

TheSlabs.com will be there. This is a very well run contest and we're looking forward to it. The Friday night band is rockin'! Sister and I will miss our dancing partner this year, Big Moe. He's got a catering gig. We'll miss Mark & "Betty" as well ; )

Steph

TheSlabs.com will be there. This is a very well run contest and we're looking forward to it. The Friday night band is rockin'! Sister and I will miss our dancing partner this year, Big Moe. He's got a catering gig. We'll miss Mark & "Betty" as well ; )

Steph

I'll dance wit cha, Sweet Thang.

R Butts R Smokin will be there. Arriving on Friday about noon time. Look forward to seeing everyone. Lets all pray for decent weather.

R Butts R Smokin will be there. Arriving on Friday about noon time. Look forward to seeing everyone. Lets all pray for decent weather.

I'll be praying for a call. Screw the weather. We got insulated cookers! :twisted:

NOON??? I was gonna need charcoal by 9am! LOL! Just farkin' witcha, Randy! See you there!

AFTER LOCAL ST. JOSEPH NEWS EDIT: Ugh! It just keeps getting worse... now they're saying storms possible Thursday night and rain/storms possible all day and night Friday and into Saturday morning.

Steph, I'm assuming this is all on grass?

Last edited:
Bobby, I left the results in Gene's truck. 4 Mile Smoke crew won Grand, Early Bird Reserve. I got 9th overall. 8th in Ribs and 7th in pork.

Andy and Todd won the Pork loin catergory. That is all I can remember right now.

Results

A few Brethren teams in the mix! Congrats to all that wallked.....
-----------------------------------------------

Chicken
10 Florida Skin and Bones
9 Three Brothers
8 Bust Dog BBQ
7 Pellet Envy
6 Kranky Kookers
5 Smoke on Wheels
4 Village Idots
3 TheSlabs.com
2 Let's Kick Some Ash
1 All American BBQ

Ribs
10 Pellet Envy
9 T's Smokin Pit
8 R Butts R Smokin
7 4 Mile Smokin Crew
6 Early Bird BBq
5 Toad Hollar BBQ
4 Smoke and Triggers
3 Buster Dog BBQ
2 Florida Skin and Bones
1 Ribs and Racks

Pork
10 Let's Kick Some Ash
9 Skin N Bones
8 Smoke and Triggers
7 R Butts R Smokin
6 TheSlabs.com
5 H*Que
4 4 Mile Smokin Crew
3 Triple Fat Back BBQ
2 All American BBQ
1 Early Bird BBQ

Brisket
10 Skin N Bones
9 Ribs and Racks
8 4 Mile Smokin Crew
7 Buster Dog BBQ
6 Florida Skin and Bones
5 Smoke on Wheels
4 Pellet Envy
3 H*Que
2 Dr. D's BBQ Crew
1 Let's Kick Some Ash
Overall
10 TheSlabs.com
9 R Butts R Smokin
8 Buster Dog BBQ
7 H*Que
6 All American BBQ
5 Smoke and Triggers
4 Let's Kick Some Ash
3 Florida Skin and Bones 639.9998
RGC Early Bird BBQ 640.0002
GC 4 Mile Smokin Crew 641.1430

------------------------------------------------

Did I miss Highlighting anyone?

Congrats to all the brothers and sisters thqat took walks. Good showing.

We tied for third in people's choice pork but got hammered again in the KCBS stuff. Congrats to all you guys and gals getting calls! It was a really enjoyable contest... had a great time with some really great people and for that we are thankful!

Back