View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Our Local Comp: Going KCBS??

Well, it seems we are to have a meeting among the regular contestants at the Oconto VFD, Blowin' the Doors Off BBQ event. There are a few contestants that have brought up the idea of getting larger, and having a bit more incentive for the contestants. At the cookers meeting the day of the event on June 7th, one of the fellow cookers said he would like to see this become a qualifier for the Royal.

Huh?

This dude hasn't even been to a KCBS event, much less been to the Royal. (Just to be sure, I asked him.)

This cat has caused such a stir about it, the organizers are getting us cookers there toget some thoughts and issues on it. I have had several of the other cookers call me and ask all sorts of questions about the KCBS. I try to tell them whatI know, and direct them to the web.

It seems I have mixed emotions about this. I like this contest the way it is because of the current atmosphere. I know all of the cookers. We cook so the VFD can get people in the gates to eat and drink. VFD takes the money to buy fire equipment. If I win, I get a chintzy trophy, and get to rub my neighbors nose in it.

Right now its a lot of work ,but fun.

However, how nice would it be to have 2 KCBS events within an hour of me?? Bigger experience, bigger prize pool, and a chance to meet more great people that cook.
BUT, are these new people going to be willing to cook for the masses in order to get the coveted GC? Is the money intended for the VFD going to be dumped into some teams pocket that has never even heard of our event before?

I'm leaning towards No KCBS Sanctioning.

What are your thoughts??

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote