Discussion Thread -> BBQ Brethren "T-Bone & Surf!" (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

A serious question then.

I know, right?:icon_clown

I much prefer pork with seafood, I've never made the jump to happy with beef and seafood. It always seems like I need to eat one and then the other.

If I can find one, would a pork T-bone be accepted?
In saying that, I haven't seen one around here in a couple of decades..and that was at a German butchers...
Mods?
What say ye?:twitch:

100_1816.jpg

Double fisted goodness Bluesman... Brilliant! :clap:

From the TD rules from Silverfinger
Time to pull out your summertime grills and cook a good T-Bone with your favorite Seafood to go with it!

I think you're good to go Buccs. No mention of beef, just T-Bone.....:thumb:

Technically, you are correct: Since Silverfinger did NOT specify what kind of T-Bone, others could also be acceptable.

This is one of those situations that is kind of sticky since it wasn't clearly defined, and T-Bone sometimes means different things to some folks. Yet, in its purest form, a T-Bone is a specific cut of beef, and is NOT a porterhouse. Silverfinger already indicated he would be OK with a porterhouse.

At the end of the day, the voters will decide on how true each entry is to the stated category...

Important T-Bone Category Clarification

I just received a PM from Ray(Silverfinger) on whether this category was limited to beef, or open to other kinds of "T-Bones", and this was his response:

silverfinger said:
HA,
Sure, why not!
No special rules.
Let them have at it
If they got meat with a bone in it the shape of a T it should qualify.
I think it adds more creativity to the throwdown!
And many more will participate.
Thanks!

So let's bring on those T-bones, whatever kind they may be!

:hungry:

So far, all I have found is a few decent porterhouse steaks -- for 28 bucks and up! :shock:

CD

I have not found anything worthy of a throwdown:mmph:

Did you check Costco? I saw some nice Tbones there the other day. Also, the Ralph's in more affluent neighborhoods carry all USDA choice beef, as well as some Prime.

Did you check Costco? I saw some nice Tbones there the other day. Also, the Ralph's in more affluent neighborhoods carry all USDA choice beef, as well as some Prime.

My Costco card expired and the Ralph's around me have nothing at all.
What they do have this week looks so bad it makes me want fast food instead. :crazy:

I will find something, even a pork chop if I have to. :rolleyes:

My Costco card expired and the Ralph's around me have nothing at all.
What they do have this week looks so bad it makes me want fast food instead. :crazy:

I will find something, even a pork chop if I have to. :rolleyes:

Did you check Bristol Farms?

Ralph's is Kroger, here, and they didn't have anything that impressed me. I guess I can try COSTCO.

CD

Please accept this as my entry into this wonderful Throwdown you have here.

I am NOT a seafood fan, but if there's anything I can eat, it's Shrimp. My wife absolutely LOVES Shrimp and Grits, so I asked if she wanted to do a Steak and Shrimp and Grits for the TD. She shot that idea down, but did that with a little twist.

We went to the local grocery and picked up my "T-Bone". I put it in " " because this one technically said Porterhouse on it, but the one that was sitting right beside it that said T-Bone and it was larger than this. I believe I saw where Porterhouses were going to be allowed anyway, but still ...

So I took my steak and did our usual prep for it. A sprinkle of worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and then a nice layer of Santa Maria.

P1020999.JPG

The wife got the shrimp ready while I was doing the steak. Just put some butter, parsley, and garlic on them.

P1030005.JPG

I pulled the T-Bone and had it resting while the shrimp went on.

P1030007.JPG

Let the picture below be my entry shot.

The final product ... T-Bone steak with Grilled Shrimp and Cheese Grits.

Back