3 New 55 Gallon Barrels

TxBBQBear

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Folks,

I just bought 3 55 gallon barrels from Mrs. Bairds bakery in Abilene, TX. There were 55 gallon open head steel drums with lid and locking ring. I paid $8/each, so $24 for all 3.

They contained Tough Grease, so I washed the first one out with soap and water, filled it with wood and dropped abt 1/3 of a chimney of hot charcoals in it. It is burning as I type. It worked great.

If anybody is looking for barrels let me know. They sell them when they have them and they don't always have them with lid and ring. The lids on the ones I got already have 2 holes cut in them so that works out great.

keith

I may holler at you for a barell or 2 in November when I go out to Lubbock for a game.

I have never been able to get there when they have them available... I gave up and am building my own smoker out of something more interesting... but, I am glad somebody is going to put them to good use!

Folks,

I just bought 3 55 gallon barrels from Mrs. Bairds bakery in Abilene, TX. There were 55 gallon open head steel drums with lid and locking ring. I paid $8/each, so $24 for all 3.

They contained Tough Grease, so I washed the first one out with soap and water, filled it with wood and dropped abt 1/3 of a chimney of hot charcoals in it. It is burning as I type. It worked great.

If anybody is looking for barrels let me know. They sell them when they have them and they don't always have them with lid and ring. The lids on the ones I got already have 2 holes cut in them so that works out great.

keith

yeah rub it in, i still cant get 3 closed head barrels! good luck though

Back