Brisket for friends

I

icemncmth

I was asked to do a brisket for friends who happen to own a BBQ resturant!! :eek::eek:

Well I fired up the egg and let it come up to temp. I used Ozark Oak lump with pecan wood and mesquite. Now I like mine smokey ...so I used several lumps of wood! Fire was set at 240 and I had a 9lb packer. I started at 6 am in the morning. I used a basic homemade rub on the packer. I didn't want to separate the point from the flat because I wanted to use the fat to keep the meat moist because I was traveling with it.

This is the packer rubbed down and I let it sit in the fridge for a few hours and then rubbed it down again and then sit outside of the fridge for an hour.

9b545aec3114492182c7cbef96a57d4f.jpg

Next it was placed on the egg till I reached an internal temp of 200 deg then I packed it up in foil and a cooler. Once I arrived at my friends house I popped it in a 250 deg oven for about an hour because everyone wasn't there and I wanted to crisp up the crust.

Well I have a pic of the final product but not sliced...It didn't last that long. .. . Everyone commented on how great it was and how they didn't need any sauce!!! OH...it came off at 6pm..I was expecting longer but it was done when it was done!

2e65b2982a6d4c059892f33013004d90.jpg

Great looking brisket Icemn, looks tasty!

So you don't trim any fat before you hit the grill?

I trim it down to 1/4 inch or so...I put the fat side up to keep the meat moist. Now that also depends on your cooker. I can do indirect on an egg so I put the fat side up...On my webber I will do fat side down to protect the meat. I also was doing the "whole" packer. I tend to like doing the point and flat together. Just my personal taste, either way I like brisket!!! :razz:

Nice job at the brisket. I gotta ask, why are they asking you to do the brisket if they own a BBQ joint?

Nice job at the brisket. I gotta ask, why are they asking you to do the brisket if they own a BBQ joint?

The guy who owns the place thinks his is the best. Some of our mutual friends told him he need to try mine. Kind of a small throw down.,,

In the end I won and the reason is he Q's his by time and mine is done when it is done.

Old school kind of like everyone on this list!!!!!

The guy who owns the place thinks his is the best. Some of our mutual friends told him he need to try mine. Kind of a small throw down.,,

In the end I won and the reason is he Q's his by time and mine is done when it is done.

A'ight!
That's how it's done!
Nice looking cooking!

That is what I was thinking it might be. Wanted to hear how it turned out, one more win for 'it's done when it's done'

Back