• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2017 Texas Brethren Fall Bash Planning

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
ok guys. start throwing out some dates that will work for you in the October / November time frame. do we want to keep the same site in Belton like we do for the spring bash at Ray Roberts?

Overlook Pavilion at Lake Belton
3110 FM 2271
Belton, TX 76513

November 4th and 18th work for me. Calvin's birthday is the 11th. I'm sure he would rather do something else. 25th is probably too soon after Thanksgiving for any of us to cook/eat again. I thing the site in Belton has been perfect.

I'm good with 11-11 or 11-18.
And Belton Lake works for me!!11-4 would be tough on us after spend 7 Days at Disney World!

I'm also talking with Kelley and Bruce to see if they want to put one on in S. Austin area. Possibly in Driftwood at Camp Ben McCulloch. Possibly In late July or early August.
Hopefully get some of the local Brethren and Eggheads and pull from San Antonio,

11-18 is my anniversary. had this same problem last year. :confused:

it would be nice to have a 3rd bash if Kelley and Bruce can get it set up. i want to see how many we can pull from the south that can't make it to the 2 we normally have.

I'm also talking with Kelley and Bruce to see if they want to put one on in S. Austin area. Possibly in Driftwood at Camp Ben McCulloch. Possibly In late July or early August.
Hopefully get some of the local Brethren and Eggheads and pull from San Antonio,

Gotta wedding to attend the first week in August along will family now talking about a trip to Tennessee during late July/early August. If free, will definitely attend a bash in Driftwood.

Have next round of cancer treatment (over a 3 week period) in September so all dates y'all have mentioned in Oct/Nov work for me. Still PO'ed that I missed last Fall's bash.

Gonna attend the SoCal bash again Oct 7th so anytime past that date in October/November is good for my schedule.

Last edited:
I like October better than November. More chance of nice weather. Usually it's cold by Halloween. I want to bring my girlfriend but she won't like it if it's cold and windy.

Almost anything in September
October 7th is looking best for us. :mrgreen:
November 11
November 18

Last edited:
October 7th would be great for us. We also really like the location we've had it at on Belton Lake.

So can we put this to bed and say the Best Bash Ever will be on October 7th 2017 at Overlook Pavilion at Lake Belton? :mrgreen:

I would say "best TX bash yet".

Other states do a fine job, and it lets us outdo ourselves next year. :-D

I'll check the 7th and see if it's available in the morning.

Back