• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

FINALLY!!!!! Got Us A War Wagon!!!!!

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got this on CL today for $3500

63ca9dc3-f1bc-7c9a.jpg

63ca9dc3-f1d6-20a2.jpg

63ca9dc3-f1f2-9c1a.jpg

63ca9dc3-f207-af7b.jpg

This has been on the wish list for quite some time, and I finally scored a deal!

Bring on the suggestions for outfitting Her!

Very nice, seems like a good price too. Does the A/C work, that alone would be great.

I will add, the things I always envy...

1. sturdy counters of two heights, allowing for comfortable working levels.
2. a small fold down cot somewhere, for those nights you didn;t quite plan right.
3. a real triple sink, one that is larger than munchkin size
4. magnet strips for holding knives so they are handy and easily visible
5. a place for a drinking water cooler, that I can get to for a clean cup of water

Very nice, seems like a good price too. Does the A/C work, that alone would be great.

The A/C does work. And it actually cools it down very well with no insulation! I plan to remove the plywood, put sheets of insulation in, and then put the plywood back. Then I figure on insulating the ceiling and covering it all with that dimpled white paneling they use in restrooms and kitchens.

Anybody have a flooring suggestion? I'm thinking that rubber roll mat stuff.

Secure it VERY WELL. There has been lots of trailer and smoker trailer thefts
since the economy went bad. There was even a recent thread about a guy
that was doing an overnight smoke with his trailer, in his backyard, and
somebody hooked up to it and stole it while he was cooking food.

Get a lock like the one pictured below, along with a few other locks too.
Run a chain through the wheel and around the axle. Don't assume that
nobody will want to steal it, or break in and steal the contents. It happens
all the time. You probably will have several thousand dollars invested into
the trailer and equipment, spend a couple hundred more and get some
top quality locks to secure it.....it sucks really bad when somebody steals
your stuff.:evil:

Secure it VERY WELL. There has been lots of trailer and smoker trailer thefts
since the economy went bad. There was even a recent thread about a guy
that was doing an overnight smoke with his trailer, in his backyard, and
somebody hooked up to it and stole it while he was cooking food.

Get a lock like the one pictured below, along with a few other locks too.
Run a chain through the wheel and around the axle. Don't assume that
nobody will want to steal it, or break in and steal the contents. It happens
all the time. You probably will have several thousand dollars invested into
the trailer and equipment, spend a couple hundred more and get some
top quality locks to secure it.....it sucks really bad when somebody steals
your stuff.:evil:

This is what I use: http://www.carrythebigstick.com/
Trailer isn't being pulled off to be sure. If they try, it'll be pretty easy to track down.

I use one of these wheel locks as well as the tongue lock. I put mine between the two tires rather than just one like the picture, and I put it upside down so the lock cylinder can't be bashed with a hammer or rock. Trailer and contents are insured as well.

Attachments

• trailer lock.jpg
    trailer lock.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 285
Yeah. Definitely gonna invest in some security.

Anybody have an opinion on epoxy floor paint on the plywood floor?

I like it. I do wonder if the texture might make cleaning spills tougher.

I checked the texture out. It is a little rough, but seemed to clean up pretty well with the demo unit. I will be putting it down next weekend.

The A/C does work. And it actually cools it down very well with no insulation! I plan to remove the plywood, put sheets of insulation in, and then put the plywood back. Then I figure on insulating the ceiling and covering it all with that dimpled white paneling they use in restrooms and kitchens.

From my teardrop camper experience, you really don't need to insulate the walls. If you insulate the floor and ceiling, that AC unit, or a portable heater, will keep it warm or cool.

If you do the walls, too, be careful the trailer doesn't flex when you remove the plywood -- it may be a structural element, and not just a veneer.

CD

Make the floor something you can hose out, and run it a little ways up the wall. Something like this, perhaps...

http://www.armorgarage.com/arroma.html

CD

Already mentioned, remove plywood, insulate the sides, as well as the top... then put in the dimpled vinyl wallboard..... That is what I did with mine.. loved it.

I found a surplus base cabinet on CL, as well as a counter top.... total investment for cabinet and counter... $25....

Get that hitch lock... a great investment.

I also got three of these locks. I kept looking until I found them all keyed the same. Put one on the back door, one on the side door, and the third on the hitch lock itself for when it was hooked up to the truck, and as well as when parked.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25e...10053&langId=-1&keyword=padlock&storeId=10051

I also put down the epoxy floor paint.... I got the green and put the flakes in it and it came out great. I then took a 4" roller and done a "baseboard" along the side, and that sealed it in great... and real easy to clean. The only draw back is, where the plywood is seamed, it will crack after awhile from flexing.... would I do it again, yes.

Take lots of pics and keep us posted....

From my teardrop camper experience, you really don't need to insulate the walls. If you insulate the floor and ceiling, that AC unit, or a portable heater, will keep it warm or cool.

If you do the walls, too, be careful the trailer doesn't flex when you remove the plywood -- it may be a structural element, and not just a veneer.

CD

I will probably still do the walls, but more for sound than for energy efficiency. We seem to have a way of ending up right by a noisy bar that stays open really late.

How did you insulate the floor?

I used the dimpled wall stuff at the depot for my ceiling in the funkotorium.

I liked it so much I was going to rip out the wainscotting and replace it with the same stuff.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXIYgOkq4xo"]Pitmaster T Build Series - Funkotorium Project - Part 7 (Ceiling) - YouTube[/ame]

Original extensive thread is here...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110214

Looks good ... What size is it? On the flooring I would want to be able to hose it out if needed.

Back