Stuffed Deboned Chicken Ballotine

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After viewing the Peppin video (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100497) posted by Mad About Que, I had to try this and let me tell you it is good.

I diced up an onion, three cloves of garlic, and a small can of mushrooms then sautee'd them with some frozen chopped spinach. Once the chicken was deboned, I stuffed the it per the video along with some Italian sausage and provolone cheese. Seasoned the outside with Pork & Poultry seasoning from the Alden Pepper Mill Spice House along with fresh ground pepper, rosemary, and garlic. Placed it on the WSM for two hours at 250 using K with a chunk of apple, cherry, and mulberry. Transferred to the oven at 400 for 30 minutes then dove it into it! :biggrin: The pics don't do it justice. I forgot to get a pic of the finished trussed stuffed bird before cooking.

Last edited:
Great job on boning that bird. Looks good and that stuffing sounds delicious.

Nice job!:clap2: I was hoping to try the same thing this weekend. Was wondering about the cook time, but now I know.

I'll be making another one for Celtic Fest this weekend and try to remember to get pics of the deboned bird before being stuffed rolled and cooked.

I'd hit that. Was it as easy as he made it look? I've been thinking about giving it a try, just don't want to end up with a shredded bird! :-D

Looks great, Neil! You might have to trade the rib crown for the chicken beak. Or something. :p

Back