• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2 Questions For Yas

papitman

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
First question, was looking between jambo pit or stumps grvity fed with the guru system. Can anyone tell me anything positive or neg about both, is there a better grill. Does the Jambo come tuned so its even temps all the way across.

Also looked in the recipe section couldn't find any good rubs, injection marinades, mops or sauces, is there somewhere else on the site I can find them?????

Who is Yas?

:becky:

Both are great cookers, but very different.

No, a Jambo is not tuned for even temps. Jambo cooks use that as part of their cooking methods, putting meats that need higher heat closer to the fire box, etc.

As far as rubs, do as Hooked suggests and search using the Google search near the bottom of the page. It searches just this site. If you are looking for a specific type of rub, some folks may post here, but looking for good recipes is pretty general and is better done with the search.

I like them tuned, so where does that leave me? Who else builds and sells tuned pits? If everyone here had like $6-$7000 down, which of these pits would you go for??? A tuned pit, gravity fed, or a rotisserie pit smoker???

I was watching stump on BBQ Pit Masters and I liked his pit, just wish it could be trailer mounted, but that would be a real small trailer, I like a wider trailer.

If money was no object, I think I would get one of the rotisserie basket pits. Our local BBQ emporium has a huge Oyler with like eight trays that each hold about a dozen briskets. Stoke the fire to 225, turn on the motor and come back 20 hours later to uniformly smoked briskies ready to sell.

I like them tuned, so where does that leave me? Who else builds and sells tuned pits? If everyone here had like $6-$7000 down, which of these pits would you go for??? A tuned pit, gravity fed, or a rotisserie pit smoker???

I was watching stump on BBQ Pit Masters and I liked his pit, just wish it could be trailer mounted, but that would be a real small trailer, I like a wider trailer.

Klose makes tuned pits.

Stumps makes some trailer smokers. Here is one in the General For Sale section that is for sale in Iowa...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165099

If money was no object, I think I would get one of the rotisserie basket pits. Our local BBQ emporium has a huge Oyler with like eight trays that each hold about a dozen briskets. Stoke the fire to 225, turn on the motor and come back 20 hours later to uniformly smoked briskies ready to sell.

Can a rotisserie work with the Guru System????

Klose makes tuned pits.

Stumps makes some trailer smokers. Here is one in the General For Sale section that is for sale in Iowa...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165099

Ron, Is that a gravity fed model. If I were to go with stumps I would prob aim towards a gravity fed one, but just don't know which size would be good to say 150 chicken 1/2's on it and still use it for personal use

How about a custom pit from Shirley Fabrication. They will probably build whatever you want with that budget.

Back