View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
MileHighSmoker
Full Fledged Farker

Exclamation The New Barbecue Bible Preview

Okay gang like I mentioned in an earlier thread I was one of 10 that received some advanced chapters of the soon to release 10 edition of the Barbecue Bible. The three chapters that they sent me color copies of:

What’s Your Beef? (pages 135-172)
High on Hog (pages 173-19
Bird Meets Grill (pages 255-301)

So far (at least in the chapters they sent me) I am finding it more of Grilling Bible then a Barbeque bible but I guess that depends of if barbeque to you is grilling or smoking. So far my impression is great. I have been a big fan of a lot of the Steven Raichlen recipes from his show and that I have found online. I like the layout of the great color pictures of many of the finished recipes combined with some instructional pictures demonstrating techniques such as how to butterfly pork or beef, or “larding the beef” which I have never done but will now.

Compared to being a member of this forum this book so far does not hold a candle to the wealth of smoking information I have learned from this site, but for those of you who venture away from the sweet blue and like to mix it up on the grill I recommend it as a great addition if you don’t already own a copy.

Comment back if you guys have any questions about it.
[CENTER][FONT=Arial][/FONT] [/CENTER]
MileHighSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote