• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

read this!! Fraud alert

Paul D.

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
FRAUD ALERT....to all my BBQ friends in AZ and FL. We received a letter from Restaurant Depot advising us that ".....unauthorized individuals stole credit and debit card information from the card processing system we use in some of our store". The breach apparently started on November 7th and lasted through December 5, 2012. We received an alert today from Bank of America that two $1200 transactions were attempted at a Target in New York using our card number. Fortunately we have fraud protection on the account. During the above time frame we shopped at Restaurant Depots in both AZ and FL so we are not sure where the breach happened. Just a heads up.....if you shopped at RD in either of these locations during this time check your account activity. UPDATE.....according to the RD facebook page this is a nationwide issue.

Thanks for sharing.Unfortunately,we do not have a R.D. close by :mad:,so fortunately I did not shop there.:-D It was a very nice gesture of you to pass this info along though.Thanks.Glad you were protected.I swear nowadays,I think we would all be better off to go back to ALL CASH,ALL THE TIME! :thumb:

Didn't this happen about the same time last year w/ RD? Cash is king for now on when I shop there.

we are using cash more and more now. seems anyone can be hacked.

There was something on there website about shopping during a said time frame @ specific locations and paying with a credit card but I pay cash so I did not click on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, i got hit.

My business account which I use primarily at RD got tagged for 5 transactions on 12/26 in Columbus OH totaling about 700$, including a $1.00 at McDonalds, and 2 in Columbus/Whitehall, OH Targets for $300 and $400. Since August, only transactions i made were from RD.

Card was used extensively during the OBR cooks for Hurricane Sandy with a bunch of trips to RD during the RD timeframes.

so, ..screwed,.... They have leaked our info twice in a year? Really? thanks RD for protecting our stuff! Good Job! :doh:

It's probably a good thing that the KCBS is no longer hooked up with that apparent band of clowns.

John

My card got hacked there a while back, so I've been using just cash there.

It's probably a good thing that the KCBS is no longer hooked up with that apparent band of clowns.

John

KCBS is back to offering the RD promotion. Started last month again.

If you shopped between Sept. and Nov. at RD is the time frame they are saying the credit card machines were hacked.

Editted: Just checked my Account to see if I shopped there during that time frame and was lucky, I was there in Aug.

DAYUM!

I was there during those time periods a LOT.
Was planning to go back today too.

I don't have a CC, but do have a DEBIT card, which they can still hack the same way I'm sure.

This sucks. I'll have to check it out.

With such a big outfit as RD, how in the HECK can this happen not only once, but TWICE in such a short time?!

Funny how Cash never has that problem:roll: Credit Cards are the devil spawn.Never had or desired to have one Never will If I can't pay cash fer it I don't need it.

man that is crazy - 2x in basically a year. I use cash there 99% of the time. I just checked my cards, I have 1 charge this year at RD, but luckily in August, so I guess I'm likely ok. But now its 100% cash or nothing at RD - this is rather pathetic if you ask me. Such a large company to have this happen twice in such a short time frame.

well, i got hit.

My business account which I use primarily at RD got tagged for 5 transactions on 12/26 in Columbus OH totaling about 700$, including a $1.00 at McDonalds, and 2 in Columbus/Whitehall, OH Targets for $300 and $400. Since August, only transactions i made were from RD.

Card was used extensively during the OBR cooks for Hurricane Sandy with a bunch of trips to RD during the RD timeframes.

so, ..screwed,.... They have leaked our info twice in a year? Really? thanks RD for protecting our stuff! Good Job! :doh:

We got hit for two $1200 transactions from a Target in NY.....we shopped at stores in FL and AZ. Thankfully B of A caught it and notified us. We had already notified them and flagged the account. This is the second time in the last year........I agree......cash only moving forward at RD.

This is unacceptable. It happened twice? Last year it happened to me as well. I haven't been there since the summer though. It has to be an inside job. I know the RD by me in College Point gives me no sense of security. Cash it is I guess.

DAYUM! I don't have a CC, but do have a DEBIT card, which they can still hack the same way I'm sure.

FYI - If you use a Visa debit card, make sure you have them run it as credit. If you do that you get the full fraud protection that Visa credit cards get. If you run debit you might be on your own. It's all about which Visa network handles the transaction, credit or debit.

John

My wife had her debit card hacked 2 weeks before Christmas not at RD but she got hit for over $700 out of her account! She is finally listening to me and using credit or cash.
Expensive lessons. Hope nobody else gets hacked.

Back