Thread: rep advisories
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #42
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

I agree with Candy that servsafe is overkill for competition. Temps are already in the rules. Hand washing and gloves are excellent ways to help safety but most teams do not have adequate hand washing setup. Putting on gloves with dirty hands will cut down on the problem but can't be a perfect solution. Most teams do the best they can. Seeing bare hands on tv shows doesn't help The KCBS should have a gloves rule.

I think a hand wash station inspection by reps Friday afternoon or evening by reps would be a good idea. Every team should gave a free flow hot water system with catch pial. You should not use the 3bay sinks.

FYI. I am servsafe certified thru 2014 and have a trailer with a 10 gallon hot water heater that is set to high temp. I always wash hands after the bathroom, a cigar and try every time before gloving. However when doing a box if the gloves get messed with glaze I may change them on the fly without washing hands. Better than not regloving. Same with going from hot meat gloves to food handlers.