Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2011 KCBS Banquet, Jan 14 & 15, 2011 - Kansas City

Are there any plans being made for Friday night? i was thinking of going to Julian the restaurant owned by Chef Celina Tio, who was on this season of The Next Iron Chef on the Food Network.

http://www.juliankc.com/

It's more expensive, but I don't get to KC very often any more. Anyone interested? I can see if Chef Tio will be in house and see if she will visit us.

I'm not bound to this, so if there are other options and Parsley Lady and I can tag along, let me know!

OK... In the immortal words of Emily Litella...

Never mind!

I just check and there are no tables open at Julian until late March!!!!

I guess I should plan ahead :oops:

So... What's going on on Friday night? :becky:

Just purchased my after party tickets. See you guys at the after party. I am going to ask a really dumb question but I am guessing this is very casual dress. Not been to a KCBS banquet before and not sure how those coming from that are going to be rolling in.

I'm thinking of coming up just for the party. Anyone have a room that they would be willing to share?

Just purchased my after party tickets. See you guys at the after party. I am going to ask a really dumb question but I am guessing this is very casual dress. Not been to a KCBS banquet before and not sure how those coming from that are going to be rolling in.

Last year you saw everything from t-shirts to shirt and tie. I think the average guy was wearing a nice dress shirt, no tie.

... I am going to ask a really dumb question but I am guessing this is very casual dress. Not been to a KCBS banquet before and not sure how those coming from that are going to be rolling in.

Now THAT is the question for the girlie-girls... :confused:
At past banquets I've seen everything from jeans/team shirts to sequined long dresses... this is the 25th so you never know.
All I know is that the heels are coming OFF for the after party... :clap2:
Hey Scottie... will there be dancing? :whoo:

Weather looks like it will be somewhere around 20 degrees. Are the roads leading in/out of the airport well maintained during snowy conditions? Flying in on Friday and I haven't driven in snow for probably 20 years. Need to return to the airport on Saturday to pick up others.

Thanks for any info.

Benny

Weather looks like it will be somewhere around 20 degrees. Are the roads leading in/out of the airport well maintained during snowy conditions? Flying in on Friday and I haven't driven in snow for probably 20 years. Need to return to the airport on Saturday to pick up others.

Thanks for any info.

Benny

What time are you flying in, Benny?

I just want to make sure that we aren't on the roads at the same time as you just in case :becky:

Thanks for any info.

Benny

You should be good by Friday. We are expecting snow starting tomorrow night and ending early Tuesday morning. That is more than enough time for the streets to be good.

I can update you later in the week if you would like. Here is the local channel that I like best if you want to check on your own. www.kmbc.com

Thanks a lot. We're flying in around 4:00 provided we don't get stranded in Denver. I'm thinking of paying for the extra insurance just in case.

Benny

You should be good by Friday. We are expecting snow starting tomorrow night and ending early Tuesday morning. That is more than enough time for the streets to be good.

I can update you later in the week if you would like. Here is the local channel that I like best if you want to check on your own. www.kmbc.com
Accuweather has freezing rain on the weekend. Hope they are wrong this far out.

4 smokin butts ariving 8:eek:o at airport with 6 people on friday morn. supose to meet jim & lesle of big O's bbq and go out for lunch. any suggustions where to go around 11:00?

4 smokin butts ariving 8:eek:o at airport with 6 people on friday morn. supose to meet jim & lesle of big O's bbq and go out for lunch. any suggustions where to go around 11:00?

Well... If you're up for BBQ, you can share in a piece of Brethren history :becky:

http://www.smokehousebbq.com/
8451 NW Prairie View Rd
Kansas City, Missouri 64153
(816) 587-3337

The BBQ was decent, but not great, BUT... This is the birthplace of the MOINK that ultimately led to BBQ Grail creating the MOINK Ball.

The web site doesn't show their hours, so you may want to check.

We've also got "weather" headed this way! Here's hoping we get out!

Does snow mean they'll close the pool? :cry:

Ok guys!!! Bring your hats and mittens!!! We are looking at 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow and then more snow Friday & Saturday.

The road crews will take care of the highways first and then major streets. Best thing I can tell you is take it nice and slow. I'll update you later in the week.

Back