• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Chili Cook-Off, Mineola, NY 10/23/2010

timzcardz

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mapquest says its 1.3 miles from my house. I suppose I could cook some chili to help the kids out.

Interesting and for a good cause I am sure but I only cook chili contests for Williepalooza and the rigged Hells Angels thunder run annual event.......:tape:

You don't have to compete, Wes, just come and hang out with me. Maybe we'll have a mini bash at my house after. Would love to have any LI brothers come join me in fact!

Clint, maybe I will stop by.

I am hoping (it's not a definite) to be nearby at Hofstra Saturday morning/early afternoon. If so, I may stop by after I am done there.

What a great event that could definitely grow in to something much bigger next year!!

I think Julie and Skip enjoyed me trying to get official scores at the end to see how much I actually beat those other folks by! And I now have the coolest hand made trophy ever (plus a buncha cash). Off to clean the spilled chili out of the back of my car...

WTG SIDE! Like your throphy!

They were so proud of the trophy with the hand glued beans. I Love it! Still think I shoulda won the people's choice too but winning the blind judging for the real money was still awesome. A perfect end to a great year.

The bean trophy. Awesome!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats to you , nice bling bling
How many teams competed ?? anyone know

I would say a bakers dozen. Was a decent crowd. Heck some good chili as well. Only one was awful. I will admit I really liked the handmade trophy. I think the women thinks we were making fun of her.
"Oh this trophy is so cool!"
meanwhile shes thinking back to the night before as she's crying over the trophy,
"I can't believe this is what we are giving them!" *sob*
It really is a cool trophy that someone took the time to personalize.

It was orderly and the people were great. They had a bunch of kids volunteering who truly wanted to help...not there because they were forced.

I would say a bakers dozen. Was a decent crowd. Heck some good chili as well. Only one was awful. I will admit I really liked the handmade trophy. I think the women thinks we were making fun of her.
"Oh this trophy is so cool!"
meanwhile shes thinking back to the night before as she's crying over the trophy,
"I can't believe this is what we are giving them!" *sob*
It really is a cool trophy that someone took the time to personalize.

It was orderly and the people were great. They had a bunch of kids volunteering who truly wanted to help...not there because they were forced.

I'm so glad you, Julie and the kids were there. Did the extra chili make it home? Hopefully mine wasn't the awful one.:wink: either way it paid for a new iPad..

No yours was definitely not awful. The chili did make it home...thank you very much for that.

We had a great time. The kids were talking about it this morning.

Back