• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First time showing brisky pron and a pretty butt to boot

cameraman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The weather, my schedule, and the contents of my freezer led to a last minute holiday decision to get a packer and a couple of butts at Restaurant Depot.

I prepped the brisket the night before the smoke, separating the point and the flat and trimming the fat pretty aggressively. They were dusted with season salt, wrapped tightly in clear wrap and stuck in the fridge. I laid out the fire the night before too. The morning of the cook I started the fire and pulled the briskets and butts out of the fridge. While the fire was coming up to temp I hit the briskeys with Montreal Steak seasoning, When the briskets hit the fire I trimmed the butts, hit them with yard bird, trussed them and put them on the fire. The briskys were panned at 175, should have done it sooner. The butts came off first.

MemDayWkend2013_01.jpg

MemDayWkend2013_02.jpg

MemDayWkend2013_03.jpg

MemDayWkend2013_04.jpg

MemDayWkend2013_05.jpg

MemDayWkend2013_06.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Nice looking cook brisky looks great!! But the color on the Butts... They are dead on!!! I am sure it tasted as great as it looks!!!! Thank a Vet today!!!!

That's awesome Q. You're pic are awesome as well. What are you shoot'in with if you don't mind me askin'?

Thanks for the kind words. :-D It was a cook for 5 folks one of whom is a vegie :tape:. The lions share of everything just went into the freezer.

I thought everyone had a headlamp!

What if they do? Doesn't mean I shouldn't stand tall with my dorky little head lamp.:thumb:

Nice looking cook brisky looks great!! But the color on the Butts... They are dead on!!! I am sure it tasted as great as it looks!!!! Thank a Vet today!!!!

First time I got such a vivid bark on a butt. Be interesting to see if my notes are good enough to do it again.

What are you shoot'in with if you don't mind me askin'?

An older full frame Canon and a moderate zoom with IS.

Back