• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Building a 42" Brick Pizza Oven & Grill.

Sensational! I wish I had the space for something like this. My best area for an outdoor cooking space is underneath a raised deck. Probably not good for this, eh? :wacko:

V-Wiz...that oven is absolutely amazing.
I could sit and watch it cook all day (obviously, flipping pizzas in and out..lol) while drinking Cervezas and staring at that beautiful mountain scenery in the back ground.

Well done sir, well done.

I just had to look at this whole thread again from page 1, amazing my good man! I would never in a million years attempt something this large. you should be very very proud of the work you guys did. To be honest I would have been happy a few pages back before the insulation and plaster cover... thanks for sharing

V-Wiz...that oven is absolutely amazing.
I could sit and watch it cook all day (obviously, flipping pizzas in and out..lol) while drinking Cervezas and staring at that beautiful mountain scenery in the back ground.

Well done sir, well done.

:clap:. Thanks man. I wish i could do just that very soon. I still have to finish the floor of the backyard. Brick,stone and pavers.

I just had to look at this whole thread again from page 1, amazing my good man! I would never in a million years attempt something this large. you should be very very proud of the work you guys did. To be honest I would have been happy a few pages back before the insulation and plaster cover... thanks for sharing

Thanks man.... The insulation is deffinetly needed to keep the oven hot for days, and you must cover the insulation, trust me im all up for keeping it simple and getting it done. Im sick of putting my Saturdays to work under the burning sun. It was 100F over the weekend. :wacko:

Yeah, first day bake Neapolitan pizzas in 90 seconds, and over the next few days bake some amazing loaves of bread on the cool-down. Gosh you're gonna have so much fun with that thing.

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but just for perspective, you were here in January.
For a "weekend warrior", you're moving along at an amazing pace.

2igehbb.jpg

Yeah, first day bake Neapolitan pizzas in 90 seconds, and over the next few days bake some amazing loaves of bread on the cool-down. Gosh you're gonna have so much fun with that thing.

Lol ya that is the plan, Pizzas, then bread, then long slow roasting of pork shoulders, brisket, whole suckling pigs, lamb etc. :biggrin1:

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but just for perspective, you were here in January.
For a "weekend warrior", you're moving along at an amazing pace.

2igehbb.jpg

Oh man, ya considering ive only worked on this only Saturdays its been pretty productive. Thanks for posting, made me realize it was just a few months ago.

Yea, what you've done in three months of weekends is nothing short of jawdropping.
Any idea of what something like this would have cost to have built by a pro oven builder?

Yea, what you've done in three months of weekends is nothing short of jawdropping.
Any idea of what something like this would have cost to have built by a pro oven builder?

A pro oven builder? Im not sure but ive seen adds on craigslist going for 4-6k if not mistaken. Thats just the oven. The outdoor area grill oven etc would probably cost 15- 20k if someone else were to do it.

A pro oven builder? Im not sure but ive seen adds on craigslist going for 4-6k if not mistaken. Thats just the oven. The outdoor area grill oven etc would probably cost 15- 20k if someone else were to do it.

That sounds about right. We're getting married this fall at a winery that is just putting in an oven. They got the oven for free from a friend, but it still sounded like an expensive gift.

But for a guy who wants wood-fired pizza at his wedding, it works out nice :biggrin1:

Back