• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Possible CL Performer Score!?!

Homebrewed Q

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Hello all,
This is a 2006 (DR stamp) Grey Goose performer. It's in good shape except for the table which is cracked. I've checked with Weber CS and a replacement will be $58 + $7 shipping, so I'd probably order that. It comes with a nice heavy Weber cover also. Just wanting to get y'all's opinion on the value of this. I've never bought a used Performer, only Kettles and the Smokey Joe that I got last weekend. Plus how rare is the Grey color, does that add value?
Thanks in advance!
WeberPerformer.jpg

I bought a pristine one for 100 that was a year old. I wouldnt offer more than 60 for that.

$100 is too much. You have to look at more than just the table. How about your time for cleanup to make it REALLY Shiny....:-D Then you can get it dirty. I'd had started at $50.

So did you buy it? If so good score. Regardless of the price are you happy? If so git r done:-D

So did you buy it? If so good score. Regardless of the price are you happy? If so git r done:-D

Looked at it yesterday, probably going to pick it up today if the rain lets up down here. Just wanted to make sure I'm not throwing money away. Not too many Performers come up for sale on CL down here.

You'll love the performer. The side table and the charcoal bin are priceless. I scored a 2010 from CL and I'll I say to myself is why didn't I have it way sooner.

Picked it up for $100, going to give it a cleaning and assess the damage then figure out what I'm going to do from there. It's in good shape and has a nice cover and a full tank of propane, so we'll see what the weekend brings. So in less than a week I bought a clean Smokey Joe for $4 and a fairly clean Performer for $100, tis been a good week.

Id make another table top for it. You can probably find some wood or aluminum to make one out of, locally, for less than $65.

I would agree. How about a butcher block? Gotta be able to get enough wood for even $50 to do that, some glue, clamps and sanding, little mineral oil and you are in bidness :)

The butcher block is a good idea. I ran this through my head several times. A mix of hardwoods cut in 1" wide by 2" thick strips. Run them though a joiner on the 2" side and then use outdoor epoxy, glue them together and clamp. When it all sets up, have the entire slab planed to finish. Then cut out the circle and radius the edges. finish sand and then seal with mineral oil. You have the cover so it should last a long time between added oil treatments. May cost more than $50. But would that set off the gray kettle and look way cool. You'd have a one of a kind............:-D

All great ideas, I'll see how creative I feel after checking out prices of materials. I'd say right now I'd lean towards the SS top, but the butcher block does sound cool.

If you do SS, make sure to have the outside edges bent 1" down on a 90* angle. This will make it not only look better but much safer.

Back