• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breakfast and my new toy

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Found this little folding grill and took it camping with me not long ago. The burn ban was still going on so I couldn't use a campfire for cooking.
This worked out ok and it was light weight and only cost me $9. :)

054_zps3a9017fe.jpg

011_zps2168956d.jpg

Lit some coals and started my hash browns and hollandaise sauce...

018_zps95721160.jpg

019_zps32b50470.jpg

027_zps426ef8c6.jpg

028_zpsb1bfd0a3.jpg

then grill some ham and cooked the eggs...
I baste the eggs with hot butter in the skillet to "set" the tops.

035_zpsf09ce65e.jpg

toasted the english muffins...

044_zps3dd7be81.jpg

048_zpsb4a0e2c0.jpg

camp eggs bene with hash browns and fruit. :)

006_zpsb2f5156c.jpg

003_zps00b74f11.jpg

002_zps538f92fb.jpg

one of my favorite things to make when camping. :)

008_zps64dc718c.jpg

036_zps7cf9ea1f.jpg

Thanks for looking!

The food, the setting, all of it looks ideal! Love your posts Jeannie! :clap2:

Great view while cooking that awesome eggs benedicts!

Thank you aawa! :grin:

Phirst time I've seen that grill get used.....very well!
Lovely shots Doc.J.!:cool:

Thanks Phu! That was my first time using the grill. I think I'm going to like it. :mrgreen:

The food, the setting, all of it looks ideal! Love your posts Jeannie! :clap2:
Greg Thanks! :hug: My farm is quiet but there's something about camping by the water that I really love. :grin:

DAMN YOU!

I just finished my lunch. I thought that I felt satisfied with my Lean Cuisine Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta, and then I see this!

I hope that you're proud of yourself, making a grown man cry.

:wink:

Gourmet cuisine while out camping, and all in all the clean up doesnt look like it would be too bad. Fantastic looking breakfast!!

Looks incredible Jeanie. One of my favorite breakfast meals of all time. Not sure if you like smoked salmon but if you do replace the ham or Canadian bacon with it. It puts Bene over the top good.

DAMN YOU!

I just finished my lunch. I thought that I felt satisfied with my Lean Cuisine Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta, and then I see this!

I hope that you're proud of yourself, making a grown man cry.

:wink:

lol Thanks for the laugh Tim! :mrgreen:

Thank you Jason and BBQPD!

Looks incredible Jeanie. One of my favorite breakfast meals of all time. Not sure if you like smoked salmon but if you do replace the ham or Canadian bacon with it. It puts Bene over the top good.

Bob I love smoked salmon, I just smoked a batch yesterday. Thanks for the idea!!

Gourmet cuisine while out camping, and all in all the clean up doesnt look like it would be too bad. Fantastic looking breakfast!!

Thank you Swinn! Clean up was a breeze. :grin:

Hamilton, Thanks!

I want to camp with you! That is awesome.

Teamfour, bring your lawn chair! Thanks! :mrgreen:

Your camp food is bwetter than almost any restaurant :hungry::hungry: Love the view Glad you have fruit on your plate

nothing simple for like scrambled eggs and bacon for cowgirl ! love it.
that style grill that i have seen is so cheap that i would think it would melt the first time a hot fire was used.

I never thought I would see the day when someone did Eggs Benedict on a camping grill! :oops:

But, along comes Jeanie!

You rock girl!!!!!!

TIM

Jen I still can't emphasize enough how great your post are.....you REALLY need to consider having your own cooking show.....outstanding presentation of one of my FAVORITE dishes.....the fact you did it while camping is AWESOME.....::eusa_clap

Back