Unused racks in vertical smokers?

Untraceable

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What does everyone do with your unused racks in vertical smokers? Anytime I have food above unused racks, the drippings make the racks just as dirty as the used racks. I suposed I could just always cook on the bottom rack but everyones smoker has a sweet spot.

Im starting to think I should just store unused racks in garbage bags to keep dust/crap off of them when not in the smoker.

suggestions welcomed
Thanks

I was hoping for some grate (lol) idea I never thought of. might as well hit them with some oven cleaner when I toss them in too I guess

I was hoping for some grate (lol) idea I never thought of. might as well hit them with some oven cleaner when I toss them in too I guess

OK then, so cook more food and you'll never have an unused rack problem again! :biggrin1:

Are you ready to play with fire yet ??

hope you're only cold smoking...:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yes either take them out, or place above the food, you will still need to clean them, but hey won't be all gunked up.
Dave

i stack mine on the top self

+1 them vault racks are a muffugler to clean. My sweet cooking rack for briskets is the 2nd for the bottom rack. Ribs in the middle and chickens on the very top. The vault makes the prettiest chickens I have ever seen on the top rack but my UDS makes better tasting chicken.

Take them out and hang them on the side or store them in the grill until your cook is done. Then store them back in the smoker after cleaning the racks you did use.

Back