What are the best wood pellets for a Traeger Lil' Tex?

E_Morgue

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi all.

I just bought a Traeger Lil' Tex at a great price from a store going out of business. I would appreciate any info on the wood pellets you use and why you think they are the best. Also, will any food grade wood pellets work with the Traeger Lil' Tex, or are there certain brands that work better than others?

Love the forum, and I look forward to any advice you could give.

Thanks!

Morgan

In your neck of the woods I couldn't say....maybe raeger is your best bet. Around here in Missouri we can use the OHP brand. It is oak with some hint of hickory.

In your neck of the woods I couldn't say....maybe raeger is your best bet. Around here in Missouri we can use the OHP brand. It is oak with some hint of hickory.
Yes, I haven't been able to find any local stores that carry wood pellets, let alone wood pellet grills. I bought this grill from a Sportsman's Warehouse that's not exactly close to home, but it was worth the trip for the price I got it for. I did order a bag of Hickory and a bag of Mesquite from Traeger just to get started next week, but I figured this group would have some good suggestions for pellets I can try out.

Thanks for the reply!

Morgan

I use "BBQ'rs Delight". Very pleased with the results. I assume google would help you find them.
Congrats on the purchase, and wipe the smile off your face!

Hi all.

I just bought a Traeger Lil' Tex at a great price from a store going out of business. I would appreciate any info on the wood pellets you use and why you think they are the best. Also, will any food grade wood pellets work with the Traeger Lil' Tex, or are there certain brands that work better than others?

Love the forum, and I look forward to any advice you could give.

Thanks!

Morgan

And the great price is.........$$$$$$$$

Great price. My buddy loves his. be sure to keep it covered. They are prone to rust.

Oh, pics please!

Back