"SHOW ME YOU PIT$$$" Really.. lets see em

nostang88

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I work as a Butcher and live in an apartment here in Houston. I just recenty started competing in Lonestar Cook-offs with a friend of mine and I have seen come very simple pits and some very expensive rig type set-ups. I just started at a welding/Fabrication shop and I would really like to start my own build in a month or so.

SO, Show me what you have.

Home made 24X72 reverse flow/hybrid stickburner, 18X44 grill w/ cast iron grates, SS gas oven/smoker, prep table, jobbox for storage, gas fryers & assorted toys.
001_zps6ce9c2d4.jpg

011_zps80ea4f82.jpg

Before all the finishing touches but Here is one of mine A pile of scrap metal arranged by color.......lol
ju3eqega.jpg
ry3a4y5u.jpg
all in all she cooks well so we call her the BIG EAZY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not pictures, but it's got all my pits in it. You can just stop the video after that.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lm6SRwZiH4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Dr. Smoke BBQ Pitmasters 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Marwendholt, is that a 550 tank? If so, I sure would love to see more pics of that. We are getting ready to start our build, would like to get some ideas off of yours. If that's ok.

Dang all this trailer pits are looking awesome!

Here's my homemade pit...prototyped with 20 gallon drums, at some point I'll make it with 55's.

null-3-2.jpg

null-2-3.jpg

Still working on fabbing up a stand for it and a hitch mount to carry it along for camping/tailgating

Marwendholt, is that a 550 tank? If so, I sure would love to see more pics of that. We are getting ready to start our build, would like to get some ideas off of yours. If that's ok.

Yes it is a 550 tank, we have the firebox towards the front of the trailer with 8 in. stainless pipe connecting it to the tank. we also have two charcoal trays that do in the sides of the tank via some slots with doors. I won't have any pics for a little while because the rig is at a buddies house.

Back