Sparky's new pellet smoker

sparky'

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
ok, this is a long story. a little while back i was having a garage sale. had all my grills and smokers out front of the house. i posted everything on craigslist and posted signs around the block. i was cooking riblettes and abts on my mak 2 star for the ppl showing up. well it was a good day. i sold both my 1 stars, weber kettle & weber Q, WSM and traded for my drums. a guy came over and asked if the food he was eating came off the mak 2 star. yeap. he said how much for it? its not for sale sir. once again he asked how much? sir, its almost 3 years old and i paid 2K for it. so if i had to put a price, ummmm. $1500. i told him how much a new one cost and said he should get on of those. well, he left. i was cleaning up and he shows up w/ a truck and a envelope. $1500 in it. damn. so i helped him load it up. :'( i gave all the money from everything to wife. she was happy because i only had a SRG, 26 weber kettle and a 18 WSM. a week when by and my wife asked where was the 2 star. i sold it by accident. more :'(. she laughed a little then told me to go and buy whatever pellet grill i wanted. i did alot of research on alot of pellets grills. i thought long and hard about the fast eddy pg500/1000, memphis advantage, yoders and the maks. i talked to alot of my friends here from the forum for input. i decided to go w/ this.
newstuff042.jpg

got her decked out w/ all the goodies.
newstuff044.jpg

got the new pellet boss. works great.
newstuff047.jpg

stuff to go w/ it. skillet, 2 1/2 racks for the bottom of the grill and a 1/2 upper rack.
newstuff045.jpg

got a full hopper. lets fire this baby up.
newstuff048.jpg

newstuff049.jpg

newstuff052.jpg

newstuff051.jpg

ran her on high for 1 1/2 hours then 350 for 1 hour then smoke for 1 hours. she's broke in. making pig candy today. no bad juju for sparky.
ok, ya'll are probably asking why did you pick the mak 1 star #315 over all the other grills. well, i like the powder coat. easy to clean w/ sponge. stainless steel on the lid to the 2 star was stained and a pain in the butt to keep clean. powder coat for me. i like the pellet boss. in my opinion they is no better controller on the market. i like like being able to take the fire pot off and empty it. i have owned traegers, green mountains, memphis and mak pellet grills. i didn't like that the yoders from what i have gathered eats alot of pellets. i also didn't like that the fast eddys only have a 18 x18 smoker space. to small. i choose the mak 1 star. love it and w/ all the goodies i still only paid around $1500. my wife was happy that i didn't get the fec 100 (4k). maybe next year.

Looks like a nice one Sparky. Congrats!

Great choice, and congratulations :thumb:. When I opened my BBQ shop, I also did a lot of research, and decided that the MAK 1 Star was one of the best pellet cookers out there, so I now carry them. I also had to purchase one to use at the store, and absolutely love it.

It's too clean and you lost me at "easy to clean with a sponge". :twisted:
Very nice cooker. Enjoy it!

I have many BBQ machines and I love my MAK One star as much as my wife (don't tell her). That is a seriously great cooking apparatus(the MAK, not my wife)!
Good choice.

I have many BBQ machines and I love my MAK One star as much as my wife (don't tell her). That is a seriously great cooking apparatus(the MAK, not my wife)!
Good choice.

Didn't you post a while back that your MAK wasn't giving off enough smoke?

Congrats on the pimp'd out MAK sparky!

But you DO need to post rib pron !!

Back