Thread: Gas Grill Q's
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
82muchhomework
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

I understand the convenience of gassers and love mine. We use it almost everyday... veggies, steaks, fish, chicken breasts, appetizers. It helps to add some wood chunks in a smoker box for a bit of flavor.

I bought a Weber Genesis EP-310 (the "P" includes stainless cooking grids and stainless flavorizer bars). Doing some research, I found a coupon code for Rainbow Appliance (http://www.rainbowappliance.com/EP310-Genesis.html). After shipping, I paid $100 less than I would have for the standard model with porcelain grates from HD or lowes.

Its a great grill! It's very efficient and holds temp forever. It puts out even heat and I find it hard to burn something on it. I don't know why but even when I forget to check to the food, it comes out great!

Almost any brand of grill you buy, other than weber, will only last a few years. A weber will last 10 or more. If you pay $300 for a grill, you will likely need to replace it in 4 years or so. If you buy a quality weber, you get to enjoy a nice grill for much longer. In the end you will probably save money buying the weber after adding up replacement parts or replacing a grill every few years.

+1 for checking CL. You can get weber gassers for great deals on there too, especially now since people are moving more and its the end of summer.
82muchhomework is offline   Reply With Quote