Embers Charcoal Briquettes?

trohrs123

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I saw some Embers briquettes in Home Depot...the bag says Royal Oak on the side
Anyone used these? How are they? Lot of ash like Kingsford?

I bought a couple of bags at Home Depot a few months ago. They have an unusual indentation along the entire middle they claim helped the briqs light faster. I definitely found that to be true, as well as less ash than KB, and no funky smell. Haven't seen them since, but I would buy them again in a heartbeat!

I bought a couple of bags at Home Depot a few months ago. They have an unusual indentation along the entire middle they claim helped the briqs light faster. I definitely found that to be true, as well as less ash than KB, and no funky smell. Haven't seen them since, but I would buy them again in a heartbeat!

Definitely a Royal Oak product, Family Dollar and Hannaford Supermarkets carry the same product as their "house" label charcoal. $7 for 17.6lbs at Family Dollar.

If it's the ridge charcoal, they all seem to be the same. Academy, walmart, and now my local HEB has store brand "ridge" charcoal. It all seems to be of the same good quality, and blows away kf blue for half the price.

Royal Oak appears to be relaunching the brand. I have tried the new briquettes and like them overall. Home Depot seems to be the best bet for purchasing.

Back