Tuscaloosa 250RF review lotsa pr0n

The Pig's Blanket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have not got to update much since buying my new Tuscaloosa 250 RF smoker from BBQWilly off this forum... Let me start by saying BBQWilly told me the first time I talked to him that I would be happy with this pit. He said he was only selling to get a Bigger pit from Tuscaloosa. Willy is a great guy I have called and text him several times since buying his smoker he always helps me with whatever question I have. He also introduced me to Paul (Tuscaloosa) who along with his son Tyler built the pit and I have also asked him a few questions... I KNOW, I KNOW I am full of questions! lol..... Anyway both these guys I would consider friends now! Thanks Brethren for a place to make all this happen!!!

Last time I posted I had not got to cook on my new smoker. Since then I've been pretty busy smoking and have not taken the time to post any pics. Let me begin buy saying this is the greatest smoker I could imagine cooking on!! I loved my last smoker but kinda knew I wanted a RF when I cooked on a buddy of mines....Since getting the new smoker I have cooked for family, friends and some people I've never met(friends of friends who ate food from the last smoker) and they all say the same thing "This food is better than it was on the last smoker" Now I thought the same thing when I first cooked on it but wrote it off to me being Biased because I loved the smoker...... It could be the RF design that helps or the fact that I'm able to hold more consistent temperatures with this pit or it could just be I've gotten better as a cook! :thumb: (doubt it!)... My point is I am a better cook since getting the new smoker! (Ill take all the help I can get!) I have cooked on 60+ degree days here, 50 and sunny and I've cooked twice in COLD 40 degree POURING RAIN!!! This UNINSULATED pit purred like a kitten even in the rain with no canopy!!! I think a big part of the temps staying consistent is the heavy steel and also the warmer on top the firebox helps maintain temps in the rain.The warmer held 14 butts while I was waiting to serve a Large group a couple weeks ago.... I hoped I would love the new smoker and hoped my wife would too..... but had no Idea it would be on our family Christmas card!:shock: YUP she is part of the family!!! (last pic is our Christmas card)

SUMMARY
As you can tell I Love the smoker and would give it an A+. BBQWilly you could not have been more right, This smoker is perfect. If your looking for a stickburner regardless of the size you need Give Brother TQ and Tyler a shot at your business

here are some random pics since getting my new smoker Thanks for looking

Very nice grub, yeah, looks like that smoker works.

Hardluck hardly seems appropos with that hardware

Hardluck I am glad you are happy with the pit!!!! Never was a doubt in my mind that you would be. Now me and Will are in the process of designing him one and hopefully in January he will be cooking on it. I consider you a friend too, you certainly are a great cook and have a wonderful family..... Keep on smoking brother!!!!!!

Im glad you love it Shawn. I know that some of the things I told you about that cooker sounded to good to be true, but now you have seen what it could do. Im always suggesting Paul because he is the best. Everyone who owns one of his cookers will say the exact same thing.

Hardluck I am glad you are happy with the pit!!!! Never was a doubt in my mind that you would be. Now me and Will are in the process of designing him one and hopefully in January he will be cooking on it. I consider you a friend too, you certainly are a great cook and have a wonderful family..... Keep on smoking brother!!!!!!

Thank you Tuscaloosa!!! I am excited to see wills new pit! I hope one day I can call you up and say build me one like wills! Told the wife one of Tyler's bumpers would look killer on her jeep ;)

Im glad you love it Shawn. I know that some of the things I told you about that cooker sounded to good to be true, but now you have seen what it could do. Im always suggesting Paul because he is the best. Everyone who owns one of his cookers will say the exact same thing.

I will say this will he has a fan here in KY that's for sure!!! I can't see me ever buying a pit from another fabricator!

Back