Yoder YS640 Cart Question

TosaJake

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Yoder owners, is the competition cart worth the extra money? I would store the smoker in my garage and would be rolling it out to use each time. I have smooth driveway, so without the cart shouldn't be a problem. Just curious if cart makes moving much more easier. My wife would also be moving the smoker on occasion. I also like the stainless shelves that are included with the cart i believe? Just looking for everyones 2 cents worth. Regards and Thanks!

Disclaimer...I am a Yoder dealer and have both units in stock and have sold both units. In your case I would say from a moving standpoint you do not need it. It was designed for competition cooks who travel thru gravel / grass.
$700 upgrade for cart with SS shelves ...personal opinion if it is worth it or not.

I just sold a a YS640 with black cart / SS shelves and man was it sharp looking !

Note I did a rough erasing job of customers team name

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 178
I have the comp cart on my YS640. It stays stationary most of the time, but when it comes time to move it I'm really glad I got the cart. It rolls super easy over any terrain (I know your driveway is smooth) but since the wheels are pneumatic, not solid, the grill doesn't bang and rattle as you move it. Now I have never moved a standard model, but I have seen them and they are very solid, but there is no shock absorption with that one. The comp cart does due to the air in the tires.

The bottom line is you have to do what is right for you and your budget, but the comp cart looks awesome. It is just as much functional as it is good looking. Looking back I'm glad I spent the extra money and wouldn't go without unless the unit was completely stationary.

I have the comp cart on my YS640. It stays stationary most of the time, but when it comes time to move it I'm really glad I got the cart. It rolls super easy over any terrain (I know your driveway is smooth) but since the wheels are pneumatic, not solid, the grill doesn't bang and rattle as you move it. Now I have never moved a standard model, but I have seen them and they are very solid, but there is no shock absorption with that one. The comp cart does due to the air in the tires.

The bottom line is you have to do what is right for you and your budget, but the comp cart looks awesome. It is just as much functional as it is good looking. Looking back I'm glad I spent the extra money and wouldn't go without unless the unit was completely stationary.

Great points indeed nucornhusker..

The front wheels on the regular cart aren't worth much... You will be much happier with the comp cart. The stainless shelf is awesome.

Back