Just left costco

Jethro608

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well tomorrow is my pharken phriday. Picked up two boneless shoulers & plan on beef roast also.( thawing) as I type. Al most there. Got beans cornbread. & open to other ideas gonna smoke all wkend. To h*** with the rain I thinkk I'm ready. Pron to followView attachment 65519

Last edited:
Side of fried green beans and fried pickles with some home made ranch sounds like a nice appetizer to this feast.

Any way . Just got rub made and rubbed every thing down. Time 4 some shut eye:eek: and gonna fire up about 4:30 here is the start of pronView attachment 65526
Got pork injected one more rub down 2 go. Chimney full ready for spark.
Good night. C u in morn. Can't wait:p:D. Oh yea about forgot. Got chicken injected marinaten 4 indirect rev. Sear . Lunch. Well better go starting to rammbel

Last edited:
5:30 and blue smoke!!! So it is 46deg. And mist. Well if it isn't a challange. It ain't fun:D
6:30 still crussin @ 230 so time for eggs & bacon. No fatty today :what: forgot to take out sausage :banghead:
Well gives me a reason to fire up again tomorrow:p maybe add some turkey legs:thumbup: gonna fire up kettle shortly & get chicken going. You know slow & low. Rev.seer ( I need spell ck bad)
Any way here is a little as promised . Cheated quick & fast:eek:View attachment 65527

Last edited:
Right now she is running about 8 deg diff side 2 side 227/235 just on second reload . Had to mess with it a little earlier tho so actually 2.1/2 loadsView attachment 65539
Now I (get) to play again :p no I don't that made it hotter:confused:

Last edited:
I like the little stand for your chimney there....is that just a re-purposed plant stand?

Yea got tired of burn marks wherever I sat it added pie pan works great. Still got to paint it.
Might even try some mods. Like to hold a burner:cool::cool:

Well no she is running 230 steady again . It's 60 now and not needing as much air.
Thanks everybody for the help on the mods. I know it would not have been 1/2 the smoker with out you and your trial & errors . Thanks for sharing:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Great looking cookers there Jethro! Thanks for sharing!:clap2:

Just wondering . If I put a longer stack on would it pull the heat thru better( less lump?)

Back