Bluebery Pancake Fatty

Smokin' D

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I made these for the first time last August while on Vaca in Maine. They are amazing, if I do say so myself. I don't have any production photos, but they are simple enough.

Make some thin Blueberry Pancakes, Maine Wild Blueberries are the best, IMHO. Roll out your sausage of choice, slice up pancakes to make them square for better fit on the sausage. Drizzle a couple ounces of Maple syrup over pancakes. Roll up fatty. Apply a rub of maple sugar and Cayenne pepper to outside of roll. Wrap fatty with bacon and apply some basic rub with some paprika, for color, cook in smoker. Here is a pic of a sliced Blueberry Fatty.
Yummy.

PICT0065.jpg

These are a family and friend favorite.

OMG!! Has there ever been a Fatty Throwdown? That'd be the winner right there.......and it could be one of those breakfast for dinner meals.
That's a winner!!

Now I'm hungery again! I've done fatties with two different types (colors) of sausage, but this looks good :biggrin:.

OMG!! Has there ever been a Fatty Throwdown? That'd be the winner right there.......and it could be one of those breakfast for dinner meals.
That's a winner!!

100% agreement with your statement Bob!

Those do look great. I will also agree that the wild Maine blueberries are the best there is.

Beautiful. I tried a couple years ago a similar thing where I wanted to make the pancake on the outside of a fatty, kind of like a corn dog. But never was able to make it stick.

That is awesome! I did a scrambled egg stuffed fattie a few weeks ago and now the possibilities are endless!!

Great work!

Yum...I love pancakes and sausage! :p...just never thought of rollin' 'em up together! :lol:

we made pancake fatty,,they are great every one loved them..yours look great

Wow, I bump around on a couple of other chef/gourmet food boards:icon_blush:(ducks for cover mod), and the creativity on this board far surpasses any of those. That would be a great camping/fishing breakfast. Nice work. John

That is AWESOME!! Were doing fatties at the fire department tommorow for the crowds to buy while waiting to ride in the fire truck with Santa, Guess this might be something to try out....

I mentioned in another thread....I feel a fatty throwdown coming on

THAT looks mighty tasty!!

Just a curious question, does the pancake soak up any of the grease
while it's cooking and get mushy and greasy?
Is there a way to avoid it if it does?

Gotta try this!

Back