• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fire Roasted Green Chili Fatty Poppers

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So I was trying to come up with something a little different for football this Sunday and I came up with this. I'm sure someone's already got a name for it or something, but Fire Roasted Green Chili Fatty Poppers seemed appropriate to me.

I apologize in advance for the lack of an ooey gooey money shot. I'll promise I'll get one next time, game time snuck up on me. :doh: These things were off the farking chain, and I served it with a Chipotle Ranch dipping sauce that I made. In my mind these were supposed to be a little more bite size, but they ended up being more like mini cheeseburger size.

I roasted some jalapeno's over some KB that I had going Saturday night for dinner.

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

I peeled and seeded the peppers Saturday night. Sunday I chopped them up and mixed in 16oz. of softened cream cheese and 8oz. of cheddar. I also rolled out 4-8oz. logs of sausage.

IMG_3570.jpg

Then I made something resembling a ravioli.

IMG_3573.jpg

After I cut them apart with my pizza cutter, I sealed the edges and dipped them in flour, then milk, then bread crumbs, then milk and breadcrumbs again.

IMG_3575.jpg

I smo-fried them on the egg running lump and cherry at around 375* or so.

IMG_3576.jpg

Unfortunately, this is where the pron ends. People were all over these things like white on rice. The leftovers made their way into breakfast sandwiches for me and the boys before our drinking...err...I mean golf tournament on Monday morning. Breakfast of champions.

:peace:

Oh man, those look awesome. So did you put another layer of sausage on top of the balls that are on top of the bottom layer? How long did they cook?

Oh man, those look awesome. So did you put another layer of sausage on top of the balls that are on top of the bottom layer? How long did they cook?

Yep, I flipped another layer of sausage right over top and pushed down between each cheese ball. Then cut them apart with my pizza cutter and pinched the edges up a little bit more. Really, I could see just putting a pile of sausage in my hand and stuffing it with cheese as opposed to the ravioli style, although I would imagine it would take a bit longer. This way I was basically doing 12 at a time.

They cooked great, it's the first time I've ever cooked anything breaded on the egg and they actually came out pretty crispy. I think the double dip in the breading helped. They took about 30-40 min.

I also forgot to mention I used SM Sweet and Spicy in the cheese mixture and SM Spicy Apple in the breading. Bacon was supposed to go inside as well but I got a bit rushed.

That is like a cheese-stuffed, breaded, smoke-fried meat Picasso! I hope to create a forgery of your brilliant food-art VERY soon!

Back