lamb chops?

syndicate559

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Found a 3-pack of round bone lamb chops at the grocery store for under $6 this morning, so they jumped into my cart. I've eaten a lot more lamb than I've cooked and I've never smoked any.

Do you guys have any seasoning suggestions other than just going with my normal "house rub?"

Would you throw them in the smoker or on the gasser?

You could smoke them @ 250-275ish to around 120 internal, then transfer to a pre-heated gasser for a quick reverse sear. I think that'll work.

On spices, I don't cook enough lamb to have an educated opinion, but have had some decent results with kosher salt, pepper (fresh ground 4 color always), granulated garlic and a bit of chopped dried thyme and tarragon.

Had some pretty good success using that combination and just tossing them in a hot frying pan with some EVOO. Or use the EVOO to rub chops down before adding spices. Either way, it's gonna be good.

Celery salt and cracked black pepper is all you need. Cook them direct over a hot fire three to three and a half minutes a side (For your average thickness chop) for medium rare. We just had some the other night and they came out perfect.

Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper is all they need...

Grill, don't smoke...and all you need for perfect lamb is salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary,
and olive oil.

thanks guys, I had some country style ribs and beef ribs in the smoker today, so I think I'll save the lamb chops and do like you say, grill with EVOO and very basic seasoning.

Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning. I always grill chops or steaks, but smoking them should turn out great too.

Celery salt and cracked black pepper is all you need. Cook them direct over a hot fire three to three and a half minutes a side (For your average thickness chop) for medium rare. We just had some the other night and they came out perfect.

Thank You Lamb Jedi..... studied hard and learnt well, you have. The time surely is at hand where the master is so longer master, but equal with the student, and it is now time for the student to teach the succulent arts of lamb BBQ and Grilling.... to all who aspire to the pureness of this art.

Just one final lesson... If you have to put a commercial rub on it. Todds Dirt was made for Lamb...a match in flavour heaven....

Now go... and spread the knowledge...

May the force be with you!:cool:

Cheers!

Bill

Thank You Lamb Jedi..... studied hard and learnt well, you have. The time surely is at hand where the master is so longer master, but equal with the student, and it is now time for the student to teach the succulent arts of lamb BBQ and Grilling.... to all who aspire to the pureness of this art.

Just one final lesson... If you have to put a commercial rub on it. Todds Dirt was made for Lamb...a match in flavour heaven....

Now go... and spread the knowledge...

May the force be with you!:cool:

Cheers!

Bill

^ find his threads. Yoda of Lamb for sure.

Back