Brisket temps

captainrock39

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Ok have a brisket that started out 14.5 pds on the UDS at 9pm at 250 checked temps thick end is165 thin end is 154. at which temp end thick or thin do you remove and let rest hoping for it to come off about 5 wrap in foil and blanket it and place in the cooler and wait til 7pm. Am I getting this right.

Temperature is just a guide. You need to continue to cook it until a probe slips in easily. This can occur somewhere around 190-195 degrees depending on the structue of the brisket.

If you choose to foil, do so at 165-170 internal after the stall. Foil will speed up the cook since you are essentially steaming it.

From your question, it sounds like you plan to foil for the rest only. If so, I would start probing for doneness when the thick end reaches around 190, but it may not be done 'til over 200. When it slides in like buttah, it's time to foil, wrap in a towel and rest in the cooler Make sure you're not probing in the fat line, I like to probe the thickest part of the flat.

If you do plan to foil for the last part of the cook, I would do it when the internal temperature reaches 165. Probe through the foil and remove to rest as per the instructions above.

In a good cooler, wrapped in a towel, the brisket can rest up to 4 or 5 hours and still be hot when you slice. Good luck!

Thanks, yes I plan to wrap in foil and rest when the brisket gets done then later today plan on to do moinks. Hoping it gets done closer to the evening than afternoon

Back