2018 Texas Fall Bash Planning

Probably be tired after the road. Chilling and grilling steaks will be the plan. Oh and drinking.

The chance to enjoy a cold one with Dennis cannot be missed. Gonna have to see if we can get no chew after 2 in on this....16 Adams paging 16 Adams....
Plus Smitty and Kathy heck so many great brethern in the great state of Texas.......and Canada or SC or.....perhaps a national event....

Last edited:
It is generally pleasant with warm, not hot, days and possibly cooler evenings and nights. A light jacket (or sweatshirt) and rain jacket are good to bring along.

Texas weather can change drastically on short notice so, it could be over a 100F (~35C) or mid-60F's and rainy with little advance warning.

For me, a nice T-shirt or dress shirt and blue jeans are the most likely options with a windbreaker or sweatshirt to back me up in case weather takes a turn for the worse.

Hmmm... Last couple didn't work out. This one is on the calendar. Will have to wait til it gets closer to confirm. Now what would a FIB (F'n Illinois Bastard... that's what the cheese heads call us) bring to a TX BBQ? Besides Malort...

Bring yourself. What else would we need?
Hmmm... Last couple didn't work out. This one is on the calendar. Will have to wait til it gets closer to confirm. Now what would a FIB (F'n Illinois Bastard... that's what the cheese heads call us) bring to a TX BBQ? Besides Malort...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just made our hotel reservations for the 2018 Texas Fall Bash. As most of you know I had committed to attend an Eggfest at Lake Charles La in the Fall. Those dates have not been confirmed yet. So there may be a good chance we will see you guys in the Fall after all!! Along with Kelley and Bruce! :mrgreen:

And if you are planning on attending the 2018 Texas Fall BBQ Brethren Bash you need to get signed up!!
Just click on the Link in my signature line below.
Yes it is that simple!!
Hope to see you there! :mrgreen:

Eggfest at Lake Charles La in the Fall. Those dates have not been confirmed yet.
Hope to see you there! :mrgreen:

Hey, Hotch…. couldn't you bribe them to pick the correct date with a brisket or butt or something? Can't they be bought? :mrgreen:

Hey, Hotch…. couldn't you bribe them to pick the correct date with a brisket or butt or something? Can't they be bought? :mrgreen:
So it looks like the day of the bash is a no play date for LSU.
The original day for the EggFest was to be 11-3.
But that day is a home game for LSU with Alabama coming to town.

So I confirmed to my other event we were committed to that we would not be attending so we can attend the 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash! :mrgreen:
I also have confirmed that both Kelley and Bruce will be there also.
So it looks to be one of the best yet!! :mrgreen:

I'll get Kelley and Bruce on the signup sheet and if you have not signed up yet, well get it done!

144 Days till The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash!

Back