Simple Top Round Steak Dinner and Breakfast.

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Top round was on sale at the grocery story so, I picked up one. Brought it home and slice off 3 insole steaks and save the rest for a roast or stirfry meat.
I call them insole steaks because they are about as big as the insoles of my shoes and about as thick. (The family was hungry and I needed to cook fast, thin to win.) I dusted them down with some Cow Pow and got the Grill going.

Once the grill was hot, on they went.

I also through some foil packets of onions and mushrooms on to go with them when they were done. The steaks cooked for about 8 minutes on one side, then flipped and cooked them on the other for about 5 minutes. I would have preferred to have done 6 minutes and 4 minutes but, some in my house are scared of any shade of pink in the meat that isn't caused from a smoke ring. Then they were ready to come off the grill and rest for a couple of minutes.
Just a quick note, I didn't realize how cool this picture was until I looked at it to upload it. The way that the steam is rising off of the meat makes it almost look enchanted.

All that was left was to serve it up with the onions, mushrooms, and some made from scratch - stab a loved one with a fork just to get the last bit - smashed taters.

The steak really hit the spot and the taters were pure comfort food like a hug around your heart (probably more truth to that than I want to admit). I would have preferred mine more on the rare side but, the family was totally happy.

But, wait! There were actually some leftovers! So of course, they became breakfast this morning.

Ohhhhh Yeaaaaah.... This was the breakfast of champions. Now I feel like I can take on the day! Or take a nap, either way, the belly is happy happy happy.

Thanks for looking. :thumb:

Best looking round I've seen, and I'll take a double serving of the mushrooms please.

Man. That brings back memories. I have not had round steak since my Dad passed away 20 odd years ago. Whenever I visited, he would ALWAYS give me a nice whole one to take home in a cooler care package. Never bought one myself. You did that one proud, Tom.

Great looking breakfast, now have a long nap:mrgreen:

Great looking breakfast. I know how big that plate is, we have the same one, you are going to need a long nap!

Great looking breakfast. I know how big that plate is, we have the same one, you are going to need a long nap!

:laugh: I used the slightly smaller closer to human sized plate. Still needed a nap though.

Back