Anyone planning to compete in Taladega AL KCBS Oct 30/31?

Lake Dogs

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone going to this first year cookoff in Taladega, Al?

I'm trying to talk the wife in to making the trip. Hopefully it works! lol

I'm in negotiations with the wife about that very thing. I think it would be great if we could all find one another. In talking with the organizer, he's expecting between 100 to 150 teams. Would be VERY cool if a one of the Bretheren could take 'er home.

Being a damned competion chili cook, we'll have to skip a few cookoffs so that we can
make this one. We'll see. We're both qualified for the national championship in Terlingua, again... No national championship trip for us this year; too far; too expensive (RV gasoline).

i wish i could cook that one. it sounds like a great time, especially if you're a nascar fan.

We are seriously considering it. It would be a cool road trip

It's the weekend after the Jack and just about 2 hours away from Lynchburg. I would love to cook that contest considering that we'll be driving 1800 miles each way to be at the Jack already. I just don't know if we could swing it but if we can, we'll be there!

WOW. I figured teams from middle-o-the-states, but a California team, that would
be VERY cool!

We are signed up. Looking forward to it. Will have 2 extra race tickets if anyone wants them.

WOW. I figured teams from middle-o-the-states, but a California team, that would
be VERY cool!

We're from Arizona but we compete a lot in California because those nice people over there have a lot of contests!

Looks like Chix, Swine & Bovine is going to make it:p Hey Dan we can use your tickets.

Mike, odds are high that we'll be there. I think there's a race on Friday night, yes? If so, I'll gladly swap my 2 Sunday tickets for 2 Friday night tickets. Wife and her friend want to stay away while the boys pretend to cook.....

One thing for sure---it will be hot as Hades!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Y'all have a great time.

TIM

Not far from here. May have to swing by if its open to the puplic.

chaos, assuming I'm there (90%), I owe you a few beers. C'mon over. You'll see that Lang 60 I'm picking up tomorrow. All thanks to YOU.

WARNING: Between 11:00am and 1:30 we'll be going rather crazy. If you're there; grab some gloves and jump in!

Back