• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is a good price for Royal Oak Lump Charcoal?

sandy1975

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Let me know what a good price for Royal Oak Lump is and where to get it.

The bags I picked up at Restaurant Depot today were 17.63lbs for $10 or maybe $10.25 which is the lowest I have seen for RO around me.

I was just at restraunt depot and it was $9.99 for a 17lb bag

Remeber when you could get 10lbs for the same price at wally world ah those were the days:cry: farkers:mmph:

I don't qualify for a membership at restaurant depot. Is there a way I can still buy it there?

I paid 8.99 on sale for the 17lb bag at Jetro about two weeks ago. Reg $9.99 a bag.

I called GFS and they have GFS brand lump 20 lbs for 13.99. I have heard this is Royal Oak re-labeled. That is cheaper than walmart. I dont have Jetro or Menards near me and do not qualify for Restaurant Depot.

Kroger has 8.8 pound bags of Kroger brand lump, which I understand is rebranded royal oak for about $5.50.

It is my understanding that Royal Oak makes Kroger brand charcoal, both briquettes and lump. I have some Kroger lump that looks as good and works as well as any lump I've ever used, and it is cheap. I have no bad experiences with Kroger briquettes, either.

CD

Be careful with some of the cheaper and re-branded RO lumps. Some of them may come from S. America or other parts unknown.
The RO lump I get at Walmart is Made in USA and is quality charcoal.
Albeit, sometimes there are some LARGE pieces included in the bag.

Menards usually has a sale on the 8.8#ers in the spring for $4 something. I cleaned them out last time. The stuff keeps pretty well. That sucks about Wallyworld, used to be 10# then 8.8# for the same everyday low price. :roll:

Back