Tequila, Corona and Chile Verde, oh yeah!

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I saw Moose post a Chile Verde recipe the other day and just had to make it. Well......it was real good!

Attachments

• Chile Verde small 1.jpg
    Chile Verde small 1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 257
  • plated small.jpg
    plated small.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 254
  • Plated wTequila small.jpg
    Plated wTequila small.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 257
Oh yeah!! I'd hit that. I like the way you served it up with avocados. Refrieds are a must with chile verde! I like your style.

Bob

It was pretty dang tasty too! Thanks for the sample Marty! Hmmm, funny how you didn't bring over any of that tequila or Corona over...:confused:

I had a chile verde burrito from a local hole in the wall this morning. It was good, but yours looks sooooooooo much better. Well done. :thumb:

Just out of curiosity, did you cook the chile verde in the Egg with the lid off the dutch oven or was that just for the photo? Wasn't sure if it would take in any smoke flavors or if that would be beneficial in this case.

Last edited:
I had a chile verde burrito from a local hole in the wall this morning. It was good, but yours looks sooooooooo much better. Well done. :thumb:

BTW, do you mind posting a link to the recipe you used? I have one that I got from a friend and sorta adapted to my own tastes, but I want to try something different.

Oh yeah, just out of curiosity, did you cook the chile verde in the Egg with the lid off the dutch oven or was that just for the photo? Wasn't sure if it would take in any smoke flavors or if that would be beneficial in this case.

Here's the link to the recipe
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1424698&postcount=1

I roasted all the chile's in the egg but kept the lid on the Dutch Oven until the last 30 minutes... The roasted chiles give plenty of flavor.

That looks awesome, Marty! Love those plates, too.

I'm making a big batch of Chile Verde tomorrow - this time, I'm going to smoke the pork in the UDS.

Back