Eggs Rock!

boberosabbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Perfect xmas dinner. Dizzy pig rub as a gift. Brisket in the Egg. Egg Held 225 for 15 hours at 35 degree outside temp in a 14 Hour Downpour. You can't tell me they arnt one of the best cookers out there I love mine I convinced. Never touched the thing. Probably the most adverse conditions I've ever cooked in the Egg.

What Charcoal did you use. I can get 12 hours @225-250 no problem with RO and Cedar Grove but, It hard for me to get too much more. Outside conditions don't seem to be too much of a facto.

Sledneck told me to tell you that he wants to see pictures...

What Charcoal did you use. I can get 12 hours @225-250 no problem with RO and Cedar Grove but, It hard for me to get too much more. Outside conditions don't seem to be too much of a facto.

How much are you using? I've been able to double that. Be sure to fill it all the way to the top of the firebox as a minimum. You can fill it up almost to the top of the fire ring.

I used cowboy lump it was all I could get my hands on. I cooked in my XL egg it was a full 15 hours with a good chimney and a half of lump still in there. Sorry no pics due to rain. I have gotten 20 hours out ofmy XLthe large is good for about the same.

Back