Rib-O-Lator Question?

Q

Que-Dawg

A buddy of mine is getting the rib-o-lator and wants me to help him install it on his WSM 22.5. My question is has anyone used one on the WSM 22.5 and how well does it fit? Or are there any modifications or anything additional need to be fabricated?
Also where did you all order yours from?

Why a Ribolator?? Seems redundant. Doesn't Weber make rib racks that would accomodate more than the four racks that the Ribolator holds? For a fraction of the cost?

Why not buy a Weber rotisserie for a Weber smoker?

just my 2 cents yes you can go cheap and get a rib rack but the rib-o-lator moves your ribs /chicken ect. around witch is a good thing for all grill do to hot spots in short it makes your pit a bit more Efficient

just my 2 cents yes you can go cheap and get a rib rack but the rib-o-lator moves your ribs /chicken ect. around witch is a good thing for all grill do to hot spots in short it makes your pit a bit more Efficient

I couldn't agree more! Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. :p

Right now the only way to put the Rib-O-Lator on a 22.5" WSM is to flip a Weber or EZ-Que rotisserie ring upside down so it matches up with the Lid and Center Section as seen here:

DSC_0013EDT.jpg

Unfortunately, you have to cut the two U shaped slots on the other end of the ring and remove, flip and reattach the rotisserie mount in the new orientation (pointing up instead of down, centered on the new slot.)

However, Cajun Bandit is coming out with the correct ring for the 22.5" WSM very soon. :-D

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more! Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. :p

Right now the only way to put the Rib-O-Lator on a 22.5" WSM is to flip a Weber or EZ-Que rotisserie ring upside down so it matches up with the Lid and Center Section as seen here:

DSC_0013EDT.jpg

Unfortunately, you have to cut the two U shaped slots on the other end of the ring and remove, flip and reattach the rotisserie mount in the new orientation (pointing up instead of down, centered on the new slot.)

However, Cajun Bandit is coming out with the correct ring for the 22.5" WSM very soon. :-D

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Thanks I’ll send this over to Jerry and he may want to wait on the Cajun Bandit, as of now there is nothing on their web site.

I'll go cheap. Cooking only four slabs of ribs on the Rib-O-Lator instead of six slabs on a rib rack with the same amount of charcoal is imho, LESS efficient

I'll go cheap. Cooking only four slabs of ribs on the Rib-O-Lator instead of six slabs on a rib rack with the same amount of charcoal is imho, LESS efficient

I agree.

I also wouldn't cut up my drum or several hundred dollar WSM for a rotisserie either. If I decided to use a rotisserie I would probably seek out a smoker designed for use with a rotisserie instead of just throwing one in.

A buddy of mine is getting the rib-o-lator and wants me to help him install it on his WSM 22.5. My question is has anyone used one on the WSM 22.5 and how well does it fit? Or are there any modifications or anything additional need to be fabricated?
Also where did you all order yours from?

if he bought the current model it won't fit, it is an inch to long. we are making one to fit the 22.5 but it wont be ready until late january.

the only way to make it fit is to mod the corners I.E. cut them at an angle.

I made a ring for the drum just for the Rib-o-Lator and even though the name says Ribs, this shelf rotisserie is great for small parts. Think chicken. 24 drumsticks at a time that require no turning as they are rotating and basting themselves beautifully. It's another tool and a fun one at that. For those that haven't seen it, here it is. For those that have, happy reprise.

PA180310.jpg

PA180320.jpg

Back