Jamie Geer is my new hero

That was funny. "I'll burn 'em up!" I'm just glad that in KCBS, we don't have listen or watch judges score our entries.

I agree he's a man on a mission to burn the taste buds out of them judges mouths.

I remember judging many years ago and we got a Texas Hot Link that was pretty spicy. I loved it but some folks at the table but couldn't handle the heat.

I was pretty much crushing on Jamie before this episode
hearteyes.gif
, so I'll give him a pass for that bit of fun.

Honestly, I would KILL to be a fly on the wall hearing comments on my turn-ins! No more guessing at the thought process that the judge reduced to a numerical score -- just raw information right from the source. I might be bleeping like Myron, but you know damn well I'd be using that feedback.

I was pretty much crushing on Jamie before this episode
hearteyes.gif
, so I'll give him a pass for that bit of fun.

Honestly, I would KILL to be a fly on the wall hearing comments on my turn-ins! No more guessing at the thought process that the judge reduced to a numerical score -- just raw information right from the source. I might be bleeping like Myron, but you know damn well I'd be using that feedback.

Its a bit of a drive but you can come to Ric's backyard event or to Hangtown or Patterson and get lots of personal feedback. We do it every year.
(Sorry folks, these are events put on by the CBBQA)
NUTZ

Nutz, I can never come that far north, because if I ever come home again I will stay there till I die. I miss Saratoga that much. I know I'm missing a good time at Ric's!

Nutz, I can never come that far north, because if I ever come home again I will stay there till I die. I miss Saratoga that much. I know I'm missing a good time at Ric's!

I agree but Patterson is south of Stockton. NOBODY wants to live there!:twisted:

NUTZ

Glad you all thought that was soooo funny. I ran into that at an event and that sample was the first rib of six to be judged. So he/her pretty much faked everybody else that presented their ribs to be judged fairly. Our taste buds were fried and it was impossible to give the others there fair chance.
Real funny,
ModelMaker

Glad you all thought that was soooo funny. I ran into that at an event and that sample was the first rib of six to be judged. So he/her pretty much faked everybody else that presented their ribs to be judged fairly. Our taste buds were fried and it was impossible to give the others there fair chance.
Real funny,
ModelMaker

:roll::frown::icon_sad:icon_sad:icon_sad:icon_sad:icon_sad:icon_sad

Real funny,
ModelMaker

Good point ModelMaker
For the show, I think it was great to do something like that but for a regular contest I would never intentionally destroy the taste buds of the judges.

Real funny,
ModelMaker

First, let me say that I am sorry that happened to you and the other judges. Secondly, since this was not a "real" contest and, since it was for T.V. I still think it is funny. Maybe I'm just sick that way. But, I truly am sorry that was done to you.

It was funny and that is all there is too it. It was meant to be funny and it was. There are people like my brother who could handle the heat and laugh at it. Some people like their food like that. That's why they have crackers and water.

I agree, for the staged event between the seven groups it was a no harm no foul.
But to do that at a KCBS contest is just childish. I can sit down and eat japs all day but do you want me to judge your meat during that?
ModelMaker

Back