Jeff's Naked Rib Rub Recipe and BBQ Sauce Recipe ?

R

RazBarlow

I just got done with the 5 day course, I know,not this website but I frequent both .I have come to like this one more,not as "business related" if you know what I mean.
I just can't bring myself to spend $15 on a couple of recipes.
Are these recipes that wonderful ? Heck, I would ask myself twice about spending $15 on a whole cookbook.
Just Curious,
Raz

OK,
As you all noticed , I am new here and mean no harm.Just a newbie trying to get started. I meant no harm,I guess I will just skip it then,I will be batter off spending that $ on suppies for my UDS and not worrying about the "Recipe" .Man, now I sound like the Baldwin sisters !.
Thanks,
Raz

OK,
As you all noticed , I am new here and mean no harm.Just a newbie trying to get started. I meant no harm,I guess I will just skip it then,I will be batter off spending that $ on suppies for my UDS and not worrying about the "Recipe" .Man, now I sound like the Baldwin sisters !.
Thanks,
Raz

Now that is some good thinking!

Spend a month here and you won't need to pay for somebody else's recipe! :cool:

I just got done with the 5 day course, I know,not this website but I frequent both .I have come to like this one more,not as "business related" if you know what I mean.
Are these recipes that wonderful ? Heck, I would ask myself twice about spending $15 on a whole cookbook.
Just Curious,
Raz

I have tried it. I bought it when I was a noob at BBQ. I also claimed for the money back guarantee as the rib rub is terrible. He uses way too much paprika and the ratio between that and the other spices are terrible.

I ruined some beautiful smoked ribs by adding a coating which tasted like a powdery dusty spice. Not good. I then tried the rub recipes from BBQ Pit Boys and was amazed at the difference. I now develop my own.

Jeff's BBQ sauce is passable though. I would simply hang out here and you will get better though.

Sit back and read the posts, you'll have more information than you imagine. Gotta learn to walk, before you can run.

Just Curious,
Raz
I didn't do his 5-day course, but I did buy the recipes when I began BBQ'n years ago and I still use them. There was no way I could develop an original recipe on my own, and these are delicious!

Last edited:
Save your money...I used to be over there all the time...Not any more. this place has much more to offer and you will find great rub recipes for free here. And I also don't mind buying rubs and let the other fellers spend all their time on figuring them out...I'll just reap the rewards of their hard work..lol...I am still needing to get plowboys rubs I haven't tried them. But I have got some MADHUNKY and love it...
Just Curious,
Raz

Back