Keri Hog Apple Beans

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Did these for my son's birthday party and they were a huge success, none left! Just thought I would share the pictures and tell you if you haven't tried these you don't know what your missing!

Attachments

• DSC_0172 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0172 (Medium).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC_0185 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0185 (Medium).JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC_0188 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0188 (Medium).JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 342
Damn...I've been hearing about these for a while...just hadn't gotten around to them. First time I have seen pics though....I'm gonna do these soon!!! Great pics.

Looks great! It's on my list of things to do in 2008.

Got the recipe, think i'll make those for my daughter's b-day party next week, that should go good with 20 chicken 1/4's!

I don't know of a better bean recipe. It uses easy ingredients, leftovers and it taste great. Best "canned bean" fixer-upper recipe I know of.

we will never have beans another way around here. Everyone raves about Keri's hog apple beans!! If you haven't tried them yet, your missin out!!

Got the recipe, think i'll make those for my daughter's b-day party next week, that should go good with 20 chicken 1/4's!

Do yourself a favor and double or triple the recipe - that's how good they are.... I made them last week for the first time and will be making them again tomorrow...

OK, did these for the first time last night.
I didn't add the bacon or the green pepper.
I happened to have Blues Hog sauce that I used. There is something about the flavor profile of that sauce that I don't like. I can't tell if it's cinnamon or what. Whatever it is it overpowered the beans.
I will definately make these again, but not with Blues Hog. And it needs the bacon too.

OMG!!!!!! Just made these beans and I will never make beans any other way again. Thanks to who ever posted this recipe.

We made these beans yesterday. It was our first time, and I have to agree with all the threads I've seen. Those things are awesome. I almost felt bad as everyone was bragging more on the beans than on my meats.

I cover them for the first part of the cook then open them up, sometimes we set them under the broiler. The thicknes on the top is the best part

Back