Ooni Karu has Landed

KORND4WG X

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
First impressions is the packaging was top notch, and the build quality seems way better than the 3, which I sold on CL last summer. It is also a little bit larger.

I will eventually use the gas attachment leftover from the 3 but I did the initial burn with a handful of lump to start and 3-4 small pieces of apple. It is way easier than the pellets.

2ke1XUml.jpg

0kQRUuql.jpg

O0YKZstl.jpg

Only had a small fire going and the back of the stone is 600 after about 10mins
2BjUMdIl.jpg

:clap2:

I've been toying with buying one of these for some time. Look forward to seeing the results.
BTW, I see that the treadmill and weights have been properly retired to the garage. Guess you found room in your closets for hanging clothes.:biggrin1:

I've been toying with buying one of these for some time. Look forward to seeing the results.
BTW, I see that the treadmill and weights have been properly retired to the garage. Guess you found room in your closets for hanging clothes.:biggrin1:

Yep although we still hang the dog towels from the treadmill :lol:

I have wanted an Ooni for a long time.

I think any of their models would be good, never tried a roccbox but that looks pretty sweet too. I got in on the Karu Kickstarter and was able to sell my 3 for a decent price :thumb:

Yes, I got mine yesterday. I must agree, the packaging was top notch and the fit and finish is very good. I haven't fired it up yet, I have to wail till Saturday. I can't wait.

Looking forward to your first cook :clap2: I may try this weekend as well - the wood from the burn-in smelled so good.

Looks good!
Not going to sell my uuni 3 though ;)

Yep the 3 especially with the gas attachment worked great for me. Just wanted to the option to use wood and kept the gas attachment anyway :clap:

You got all the cool toys K looks like a heck of a pie cooker. :clap:

You don't have a set of Power Blocks do you? If not I highly recommend them, have a set that are 20yrs old now and still get the business.

You got all the cool toys K looks like a heck of a pie cooker. :clap:

You don't have a set of Power Blocks do you? If not I highly recommend them, have a set that are 20yrs old now and still get the business.

Thanks for checking in Kev, hope you’re doing well. Thank goodness for CL so I can get rid of stuff as I acquire more toys - I don’t have any extras at the moment so that feels pretty good.

Yep I have some power blocks maybe as old as yours :thumb: The only thing is the magnet on the pins are messed up so have to be a little careful doing swinging arm curls :icon_smile_tongue:

Thanks for checking in Kev, hope you’re doing well.

Yep I have some power blocks maybe as old as yours :thumb: The only thing is the magnet on the pins are messed up so have to be a little careful doing swinging arm curls :icon_smile_tongue:

I'm doing well my friend.

Yep the 3 especially with the gas attachment worked great for me. Just wanted to the option to use wood and kept the gas attachment anyway :clap:

So the gas attachment of the uuni 3 (I still dislike the new name) fits on this Karu?

That would make it interesting as getting wood pellets that actually burn is almost impossible here, so I've been using the gas burner.

And if the gas burner fits, then the pellet hopper should fit as well :)

Looks like you need really small wood to load it up. Are you splitting / chopping wood to get it going? This looks intriguing but I don't want to have to be a lumberjack on the side when I want pizza so I'm interested in how much work you have to do.

Looks awesome though, on my radar for sure.

Yep, here’s the recommendation from the manual

OKoobynl.jpg

For the larger pieces you have to angle it in but it burns. I have a bunch of pieces already using my kindling cracker so it’s not a problem.

It also runs on lump charcoal.

Back