Pastrami and dino bones.... a nice day

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Had some friends coming into town so I have a good reason to do an 18lb packer brisket pastrami and a pile of beef ribs.

The brisket after curing and a washdown

Put it a big, clean bucket with a chopped up potato and filled with water. Back in the fridge for 24 hours. Fresh water, new potato then another 24hours.

Seasoned the brisket with a rub heavy on pepper and ground coriander. The ribs got a good hit of The Rub Company's Santa Maria mix.
Then covered and back in the fridge overnight.

I put the pastrami on at 11pm at 265.
It was a beautiful day.
When the IT hit 170 or so, I foiled it tightly sealed with about a half can of Liptons beef broth.

I then moved the pastrami to the MAK while foiled and put the ribs on the egg

After about 3 hours I foiled them with the other half can of beef broth. Let them ride until they were really tender (1-1/2 - 2 hours).

Here's a pic of the ribs getting served. Love dem bones.

Pastrami (oh yum)

I also made a pot of brisket baked beans. The pastrami and ribs were served with a Quinoa salad, Kale salad, Caesar salad and a corn salad. Everybody took home leftover pastrami. 18lbs goes a long way!

Great pics. Hope my brisket goes that well this weekend. BTW nice back yard.

My Man! Total awsomeness. Homemade pastrami, kick arse there Marty!:thumb:

Marty everything looks fantastic! Love your back yard too. :thumb:

Beautiful in every way Marty. My mom taught me the potato trick many years ago when I was just a kid. Always put them in frying oil to soak up the impurities. Thanks for sharing!
Jed

great stuff Marty, man your play area is so neat, looks great.
love the Spud idea,

When I grow up I want to be just like Marty. :thumb: That looks fanfarkingtastic!! Can I move to your neighborhood and come be your pitbitch?

That is a fantastic food! Also love your back yard looks to be a great place to hang out and releax.

Back