• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A quick thanks to the BBQ Brethren Team

daedalus

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just wanted to give a quick thanks to BigMista, Bigdog, MoKanMeathead, and singinBob who cooked under the Brethren flag this weekend at the Royal. I had not really had a chance to meat any of the brothers in person, so after i finished judging on Saturday, I just sort of dropped by their space to introduce myself. You guys really made me feel welcome, and I appreciate it. That sort of hospitality is what sets this forum apart. I'm glad to be a part of it.

You guys maked me feel like a proud papa!!!! BIG thanks from me too!!

Um.. excuse me!!! MISTA.. MOKAN.... SINGING BOB... BIGDOG...WHY ARE THERE NO PICTURES? HUH HUH HUH HUH!!! How did potluck go? I saw one pic of cracker all green and lit up..

I got a BIG MISTA SIZED Reach Around !! He caught me off guard!! Good thing Kick wasn't there!! There might have been a GANG Reach Around!!:shock: Neil: It was so great to finally MEAT you !! Dog, Wayne and Singin' Bob: It's always fun seeing you guys!! Had a great time on Saturday. Neil: Thanks for the MOJO for my BBQ Sauce award!!!

OK.......I'll go get the camera and upload some pictures....but you should know, after the Templeton Rye, there were no more pictures taken.....Potluck was good.....Pork, beans, lasagna, gumbo, broccoli salad, califlower salad, pineapple cake....ok that's what I ate.....there was much more......No mac and cheese though.......

That mac and cheese was awesome Saturday night! Good to see my leftovers get some use too at the brethren site.

Um.. excuse me!!! MISTA.. MOKAN.... SINGING BOB... BIGDOG...WHY ARE THERE NO PICTURES? HUH HUH HUH HUH!!! How did potluck go? I saw one pic of cracker all green and lit up..

That's what I'm saying....where's all the pics? Thought we would at least have some pictures of all the states "welcome to" signs:biggrin:

I don't know how many times I've been told that the rules apply to long time members too...

So where's the farking pictures. I'm beginning to think it never really happened.

sorry I didn't get over to the brethren compound this weekend is just one BIG blur

congratulations Jay on the sauce

I just wanted to give a quick thanks to BigMista, Bigdog, MoKanMeathead, and singinBob who cooked under the Brethren flag this weekend at the Royal. I had not really had a chance to meat any of the brothers in person, so after i finished judging on Saturday, I just sort of dropped by their space to introduce myself. You guys really made me feel welcome, and I appreciate it. That sort of hospitality is what sets this forum apart. I'm glad to be a part of it.

It was great to meet you and talk with you as well my Brother as well as all the others that made it over to the BBQ Brethren site to say hello.:icon_cool

daedalus, it was great to have you drop by and hang with us. We enjoyed you brother. I wish more of you would have come back on Saturday evening. I tried to redeem myself after the macaroni debacle on Friday. We had mac & cheese and jambalaya and some great que from Smokeindaeye.

sorry I didn't get over to the brethren compound this weekend is just one BIG blur

No chit Glenn, I didn't even know you were there until I heard your call...

I'll be down your way after the first of the year looking for warm weather comps and to have Klose to some work on my cooker...

Sorry I missed Saturdays Brethrenpotluck, we started round 2 after the awards ceremony, then off to the hotel for a quick shower, couple hours of much needed sleep and back to the Royal at O'Dark thirty, shortly after midnite, early Sunday morning, for round 2.

Im home now, severe sleep deprivation has arrived, will post some pics when I return from zombie stage to almost normal state here.
Im still in major Wow stage from the entire experience.
I never thought I would ever get a chance to get to the Royal, all I can say is WOW!

Later

A huge thanks to everyone that came buy. The potluck Friday was awesome and the food that everyone made was incredible.

I knew BigMista was taking pics. It was such an honor cooking with BigMista and BigDog...and a ton of fun!! Phil - thanks for the opportunity!!!

Thanks for putting on such a great party Friday night guys! It was great to meet many of the Brethren that were there, and eat some great food. I especially enjoyed the killer margaritas!:mrgreen:

A huge thanks to everyone that came buy. The potluck Friday was awesome and the food that everyone made was incredible.

I knew BigMista was taking pics. It was such an honor cooking with BigMista and BigDog...and a ton of fun!! Phil - thanks for the opportunity!!!

Right back at ya Bro. I met Brother Wayne several years ago in Emporia and ever since then, he has been a good friend and a great representitive of what the Brethren is all about. The guy goes out of his way to be friendly to all and never has a bad thing to say about anyone. He runs a first class comp team and yet still finds plenty of time to relax and party. It was truly an honor to hang with this guys for the weekend and boy did they ever do the Brethren name proud. :eusa_clap Special thanks also go out to Singing Bob, his wife, Marty (who did killer pork by the way) and Heather. Heck, they even let me do a category: Sausage. I smoked a fatty of course. :wink: It was my first time doing a comp category and they all gave me plenty of help, esp. BigMista.

And speaking of the Big guy, it was truely a pleasure to be able to hang with Neil for the weekend. My favorite quote from him for the weekend was when we were at Oklahoma Joe's eating lunch and I suggested that we share an order of fries. He replied: "We didn't get the name 'Big' in front of our names for sharing food. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: And by the way, we each ate all of our own fries. :oops::mrgreen:

Wayne, thanks for being a great host and leader. You were awesome. I really enjoyed cooking with and for the team and you Bob, Marty and Bigdog all made me feel right at home.

Back